Retrobike at the Movies - 'Klunkerz' UK Premiere

Plans best laid

I'm in that London on Friday anyway so will be visiting various cool bike and record shops on Saturday morning (on the Chas Roberts). If anyone fances lunch I'll be partaking in the best Limerick ham outside Limerick at the Coach and Horses in Covent Garden...!

I'll roll up to the cinema around 4pm to sort out the tickets I've booked and have a quick snifter in a local public house. Then I guess it's on to the rugby... I think James has that one covered for us..?

Mr K

Unfortunately I won't be around for the rugby as I have to shoot after the film.

However for those of you hanging around you have two options...

1) watch it at the same venue as the film on a 20ft screen
or
2) Head off into London and watch it. i mentioned a pub near liverpool street the other day 'The water poet'. It will be open on Saturday (a lot of pubs in the city aren't) and should be showing the rugby.

i imagine west end will be packed but it's up to you i guess..

Fine tuning

I see that the bike exhibition gallery is just around the corner - what say we meet up in there around 4'ish, then we can move to the Owl and the Pussycat for a pre-movie snifter....

Neil

More Details

The bicycle art is called 'Joy Ride' and is at the Maverick Showroom, 68-72 Red Church Street E2 - road runs parallel and north of Bethnal Green Rd, where the film is (Rich Mix Cultural centre).

http://bicyclefilmfestival.com/2007_site/london/

There's also secure valet bicycle parking for filmgoers (and an after party)... :cool:

Neil

PS. And I've made a few trendy and minimalist 'calling cards' to hand out to the knowing London crowd....

Attachments

• Card.JPG
    Card.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,766
If you cant make this.... I have the DVDs for sale at £18 inc free UK postage... email me @ charlie@charliethebikemonger.com

Its a great film, and it sounds like a great day out at the premier... Grrrr shame to miss it.

I hope to screen the film at the 2008 Clunker Classic, with The Magnificent Revolutionary Cycling Cinema (pedal powered cinema). So its: pub, push up hill, beer, picnic, race back to pub, BBQ, jousting and movie.

Latest posts

Back