Coolwall: surely 4-bolt chainsets are uncool?

scant":3nsltvx6 said:
what about 3bolt? :LOL:

Most majestic Middleburn minimalism!

Coo-ool! :cool:

(And 4-bolt is yuck!)
If you're talking M952 XTR, the 5-bolt version is way, way, way cooler! ;)

Sorry to all you '07 XTR boys - I just don't like it.

Corduroyboy":7w3fipim said:
(And 4-bolt is yuck!)

Agree with you on M960 and M970 XTR - hideous. And I know everyone thinks 5 bolt M952 is cooler, but they're wrong. And I am right. And that's that. It's just rarer and has bigger rings, so it's more 'subculture' and people are drawn to it's therefore not so Shimano-ness...

;)

Wu-Tangled":1ciubpaz said:
Corduroyboy":1ciubpaz said:
(And 4-bolt is yuck!)

Agree with you on M960 and M970 XTR - hideous. And I know everyone thinks 5 bolt M952 is cooler, but they're wrong. And I am right. And that's that. It's just rarer and has bigger rings, so it's more 'subculture' and people are drawn to it's therefore not so Shimano-ness...

;)

okay, what about M950 XTR, with a middleburn 4arm microdrive replacement spider with boone ti rings? cool?

scant":13umaruy said:
Wu-Tangled":13umaruy said:
Corduroyboy":13umaruy said:
(And 4-bolt is yuck!)

;)

okay, what about M950 XTR, with a middleburn 4arm microdrive replacement spider with boone ti rings? cool?

I suppose it's cool;. Not that keen on Boone ti and it's getting away from the coolness of XTR m950 (better looking than m952 IMO) in it's own right though.

:D

Corduroyboy Sorry to all you '07 XTR boys - I just don't like it.[/quote said:
No need to be sorry. I'd be more happy to run Bullseye cranks set. Had them BITD. And the proof that they were so good is the fact that 07 Shimano is a copy. Why they took so long??? My bug with 07 is the tools needed and which shops keep and don't tell :twisted:

But thats bike shops for you.

m960 and 970 work oh so well. there really was nothing wrong with my set of 960's, i just think they are ugly and such an important component to be not ugly that holds such a place of prominence on the bike. so i went back to 952. I like the spinniness of the bigger rings too.

:D

Polished, 5-arm, square taper. Everything else is just wrong.
110BCD M900 and XC Pro here.

Oh and a lovely set of 70s Campag Record: The aesthetic standard by which all other cranks are judged
(Just don't go taking them off any sweet jumps ;) )

Latest posts

Back