DALBY AND THE R.A.C. 27/11- IMPORTANT CHANGES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
another 4'' came down in 3hrs last night between 10pm and 1am in gateshead, the roads are completly covered once again.

woke this morning to minus -5 and 12'' deep snow in garden!

there isnt any chance of me getting down there today :(

looks like its dogwalking and maybe a local ride on the bike for me, would love to snap some snowy pics.

have fun, and stay safe folks.

not made it for this one;bad roads if you missout sutton bank
so have to keep van safe ;see you next time ,dog walking for me too

Si, sat in Purple Mountain from 9.40 onwards, then went to get Ian at 10.20, guess we missed you :?

Don't have a phone but will PM Ian's to you now

8" of snow and bright sunny day :D

Pity we missed you Si.
The trails were tricky and getting to Langdale would not have been easy off the main roads anyway.
Given up and gone home.

Well we made it eventually. Its a long story. Now we have to try and get home. This might be the hardest part.
I managed to get a few nice pictures which i will post up when (if) we get home.

dalby.

i drove all the way to dalby forrest gatehouse where a friendly bearded old gent warned of hazard and closures. that didnt put me off! i was gonna pedal to meet point then, i realised if theres any more snow or the existing layer hardens then im well stuffed. i just got there in a fwd trani van and could'nt risk being stranded. i ate my turkey and mayo butties on the way home and went on a mini ride down my end. ive done some wintry photos that i will put on later. those who made it to the meet i hope you had a good time. atleast i know my way for future rides :)

the roads were ok til i turned off the whitby road( from pickering side)where there's a pub or something with scaffold round it then, the fun started.

Pete,
If you mean a lap of Dalby, as opposed to a rally stage, I'm not sure you'll manage it. There are a lot of branches down, and heavy limbs across the trail. That's not counting the soft snow that even Gils' Pugsley was dropping through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back