Log your rides

Couldn't be arsed with work today so took the day off, went out on the boardman and managed 43 miles in 4hr 20mins, Good effort today and pleased with that :D

Downside... Back to the shithole known as work tomorrow :cry:

Knew that snow would be here soon, so got out on the bike for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, while I still can....

5211308063_41d7910e4f_z.jpg

It's funny to compare riding this route in the summer, when my brain was boiling in the 28 degree heat, with riding it in late autumn when you can ride and ride without danger of overheating. And of course, the scenery has changed character...

5211308067_50728a8b6b_z.jpg

5211308069_b9f36cc6b8_z.jpg

Not long after I'd taken that last photo, I was zipping down a track when I heard what sounded like a drummer hitting a loud "cymbal crash" -- but that noise was quickly followed by a "floppety-cloppety-floppety-cloppety" noise coming from the rear tyre and a bumpy ride for my backside. 45psi to zero in less than a second... :roll:

Thankfully, Slindon village was a short walk away which gave me somewhere to replace the rear inner tube before carefully limping home with the new tube slightly bulging out of the gash in my rear tyre. :shock:

Here it is after some of the air has been let out....

5211308071_30d18a6712_z.jpg

Friday, a happy but cold 2 hours single tracking at Whiteways. Can't tell you how far because it was so cold the battery on my speedo failed!

last ride of the year. Petersfield QE2 park. Saw vintage Raleigh ti
rear brake didn't want to work :x
roll on the spring time and get back on the Trimble.

JohnH went here the other day so thought I would too........

Mountain biking today sunny,nice dry trails, -1'C so a bit cold hence in 2 hrs did not see another soul. Great stuff

Attachments

• sm sixways.jpg
    sm sixways.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,312
johntheboy":3a91dfbw said:

Mountain biking today sunny,nice dry trails, -1'C so a bit cold hence in 2 hrs did not see another soul. Great stuff

Where IS that? :?

Dave

Piperdave":1lqq9bgw said:
johntheboy":1lqq9bgw said:

Where IS that? :?

Dave

Middle of Eartham Woods near Slindon the place is called Sixways because 6 bridleways meet and cross there.

Mountain bike ride over the southdowns on Friday -5'C freezing fog lots of snow no people out only me and my mate.

Same ride today on my own, temp +3'C no fog still quite abit of snow in places. Still no other people about. Am I the only mad person :x mountain biking this time of year?
If I am the rest of you are missing out! :LOL:

Attachments

• December2010 sm snow.jpg
    December2010 sm snow.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,384
I need to get up eartham again soon, i much prefer it to whiteways :)

To the 2 Johns PM me if you want a slow rider to tag along

First ride of the year! 23odd miles on the CX bike but all on the road. Just nice to turn the pedals again. Going to use the thread as an unofficial year totaliser.

Today 23.25miles
Total 23.25miles

Back