New ProFlex 857

Lovely

A real thing of beauty, an engineers wet dream, they really worked well too, they were well ahead of their time and as good as anything today!

I hate to spoil everyones drooling, but you do know that the swingarm is Easton Alu wrapped in carbon fibre?

Still looks lovely though. I remember picking my 857 up from Mark Anthony Cycles in Buxton in 1999. Had been hanging around for a few years and it was slowly kept coming down in price til I could resist no more.

My first foray into full suspension. I loved it.

here's my Way Big in a previous (but similar to current) incarnation:

857and855002mediumro6.jpg

I hate to spoil everyones drooling, but you do know that the swingarm is Easton Alu wrapped in carbon fibre?

my understanding is they are thermoplastic with alu inserts for dropouts and not alu wrapped in carbon, but I stand to be corrected... though it is Easton who did it.

I dinnae care either way!! Just got an 857 from gaz857, lovely design indeed..........good nick too, about the same as my 555, which I've had from new and looked after, so I'm Fuffed to Chuck..........

yes I was checking up to see what others thought :D

regarding that article it says 857=alum and carbon swingarm. I read that to mean aluminium frame with carbon swingarm rather than aluminium and carbon swingarm.

though as I said I stand to be corrected!

Back