DALBY AND THE R.A.C. 27/11- IMPORTANT CHANGES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest prediction...Friday night, light snow early on, roads should be fine early morning. Tomorrow, zero degrees all day long, mostly sunny. Can't see Jingleby being open to be honest.

Looks very picturesque Gil, we,ve just had a bit of snow as well and remember I live 200meters from the sea, so we don't get that much.

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

And finally the beach & north sea :LOL: :LOL:

IMG_3190.jpg

Clear Blue sky and not a flake in sight.

Guys.
Would it be possible to put an update on the conditions in the morning as early as poss as we will be setting off from Skipton about 7.30am.

This is starting to get silly...

Basically it's done pretty much nothing but snow here most of the morning, I had to take "Mrs Gil" to work this morning, the vans got M+S tires so I stood a bit of a chance

Main road is passable but the side roads and road down to Dalby are leathal, not only that the wind is starting to pick up a little and move it round...

There is about 10-12" up here now and having just checked the BBC weather site we are due another dump from 3pm-10pm tonight

I rode in Dalby last night and small bits are fun but it's really hard work even on the Pugsley, the other "skinny tyred" riders were walking most of it, it's just that deep

Think we need to question this, I will confirm what its doing once it gets dark tonight as it will all lay and blow as well

From the front line, I think we should maybe fall back :(

Not looking good indeed.

I've managed to clear some space in my diary and cadge a lift up with mrlee for this. I've even prepped a bike and gone with 2.1 WTB Velociraptors for my tyre choice.

Could do with a decision on whether the weather is going to get the better of this ride some time this evening. We'll need to make a stupidly early start to get over there in time for the 10am meet up, so the earlier the decision the better.

The riding/pushing in snow isn't what concerns me, but it's the roads and driving that is looking pretty precarious at the moment.

Although Lee's car does apparently have heated seats, I don't fancy sleeping in one whilst stuck in a snow drift miles and miles from home.

There's no snow here by the way, just a heavy frost, sunshine and clear blue skies.

Right guys. I have spoken to the lads already in Pickering. Main roads are clear but minor roads are a problem. Im presuming that FC will clear the road into Dalby for tonights spectators, but until get there i know as much as you at this moment. It might be clear tonight but that might not be the case in the morning.
Simonside and i are heading down in the next few hours to see how things look. Forecast is for more heavy snow tonight. I will update this thread as soon as possible and also first thing in the morning.

We really should pull the plug on this ride, but myself, Ian and Gil will be there- wether we actually ride or not i cannot say. If you decide to come along please dont hold us responsible should it be impossible to ride.
We still plan to get into Dalby but the route will be shortened dramatically and our aim is now juat to make it to Langdale and back to see the rally.

Please drive carefully, bring plenty of warm clothes and food should you decide to come.

Cheers for the update Si. We'll see but might head west instead as it's clear over here and we could get a full ride in if we go up the lakes. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back