retro riser bars - info and pic's please!

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey there all,

I am looking for info on the above from the 94/95/96 era. Due to a shoulder injury that will probably stay with me I am looking to change my straights with bar ends for risers, but want something that is retro and light.

I knew nothing of these back in the day so any info, names, pic's etc would be appreciated, feel free to reply or PM me.

Cheers
Tim

Thanks Cherry Bomb, not really my style. I'm really just trying to do my research at this stage.

Ideally I'm after some that are not much more than 250gm as I don't want to exceed what I have, and just want to know what was about back then.

Tim

light risers werent really the thing at that time. x-lite XC and orange supercross were about the first.

Ok thanks, I've been looking through some old catalogues and have def seen some from this era. I think JMC rode with some on his S-works, but were these downhill specific?

I think they were all down hill bars back then, so weight wasn't an issue. I'm sure you could buy some spangley expensive ones but they still weren't light.
They kind of caught on with the XC crowd by accident.

Think most Azonic risers of the day although DH bars were also pretty light (and expensive)

I thought Club Roost were the first ones? I still have a battered pair bought at Bicycle Expo - the much missed show at Ally Pally. Not sure of date but must have been around 93 - 95?

Forgot to say it might be an option to look at Salsa Pro Moto bars - I have used these for a few years - brilliant bars, about 180g, well made and super strong and only £35. If you get the 11 deg ones you can rotate them up.

I had a pair of Fred Salmon risers in annodised blue with brace in 1995ish.After them I had a pair of Answer Alumite bars with gold shims,

Back