At my wits end

computerbitz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am really fed up with the postal service now, i order parts on the 2nd and the 8th of the month, but lazy b****rd liverpool posties are still on strike, i wouldnt mind if it was an official one but its un-official and they carried it on from the other weeks official one. if they dont want to work then they should all be sacked if it had a purpose behind it i might understand but its all to do with shift pattern changes, wonder what would happen if the nhs went on strike as they looking at changing nurse's shift patterns at my wifes work dont think it would last that long especially on an intensive care unit, surely someone should sort this out and get me my parcels once i get my parcels they can go back on strike for all i care.

daily postal rant over still dont feel any better though

Aye.............there's little sympathy for Old Postie..........slowly gettin' my mail after the strike, includin' one for the local Vicar.............he's probably got my copy of 'Rubber Lust Quarterly'...........and enjoying it.........

Still, ArselForce weren't on strike, and they've still managed to arse two redeliveries for the same bike!!.............

computerbitz":3oxf1oo7 said:
wonder what would happen if the nhs went on strike as they looking at changing nurse's shift patterns at my wifes work dont think it would last that long especially on an intensive care unit

My wife is also a nurse on ICU - the changes enforced by NHS Agenda for Change (working conditions, hours, pay etc) are not that different to what the posties have been striking for recently. The difference is that the nurses, and to their credit their union, just continually refuse to strike. As the postal workers are seeing, the public quickly lose any sympathy when a public service is disrupted.

Just been on local radio postal service resumes tomorrow in liverpool at long bloody last all being well the two parcels i looking for will be here by saturday/monday at the latest

Please if any one see's a postmans bike please check the rims. If they are Campy Ateck 28 hole then please grab them as they are mine missing for 3 weeks. :cry:
I'm not in a union. Even if i was. No body would notice me not working and on strike ;)

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't an 'un-official strike' not the same thing as 'not turning up to work without an acceptable justification' and therefore grounds for disciplinary action by the employer?

Will Palmer":2ldwpxpm said:
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't an 'un-official strike' not the same thing as 'not turning up to work without an acceptable justification' and therefore grounds for disciplinary action by the employer?

Yes. But then they would call a strike again. Full cycle

that was my thoughts aswell but i think cause they did it on the back of official strike that they would get away with it and they have, i would sack them all

Yup - me too - I'm fairly sure there are plenty of people out there without any job that would willing fill their positions!

Well my postie started work today and i have had post from the whole time they been on strike he brought me one letter and some junk mail offering me a car swap :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back