Islabike Beinn 20

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Islabike Beinn 20

Thinking of getting my little one one of these bikes.

Anyone have one, know of a good deal etc ..?

My little one if 5 going on 6 and the current bike bought as a present from some relative V cheap at Tesco's has bumpy tyres so they wobble around. The chain tension comes and goes (single speed) and well I need to get the stabilises of it as the pavements around here lean so much it's hard to ride on some parts :LOL: But he's enjoyed the bike and likes it, but needs to move up a notch.
Plus he needs to ride properly!

So this model Beinn looks good. Probably the large by the spec for the sizes.

No1 Son is a happy owner of a Beinn 20. He got it at around 5 1/2 and is just about to move up to a 24" wheel Islabike...at which time the Beinn goes to No2 son.

It's a fantastic bike, well sorted (especially the brakes which are special for small hands) and LIIIIIIIGHT :cool: The paint is tough as old boots too. It has been used daily for the school run for 3 years.

I'd thoroughly recommend it. We are on our 5th Islabike now having moved steadily up through the size range. Typically you only lose around £30-50 or so between buying and selling, which makes then cheaper in the long run than Tesco nasties - and your kids will love riding too!

hamster":1xykiawc said:
No1 Son is a happy owner of a Beinn 20. He got it at around 5 1/2 and is just about to move up to a 24" wheel Islabike...at which time the Beinn goes to No2 son.

It's a fantastic bike, well sorted (especially the brakes which are special for small hands) and LIIIIIIIGHT :cool: The paint is tough as old boots too. It has been used daily for the school run for 3 years.

I'd thoroughly recommend it. We are on our 5th Islabike now having moved steadily up through the size range. Typically you only lose around £30-50 or so between buying and selling, which makes then cheaper in the long run than Tesco nasties - and your kids will love riding too!

Shame they don't distribute them to local stores so I could have a look and a feel/

Noticed they where getting 120 to 170 for pick up on ebay i.e. in past couple of weeks.
Also I see they do a "Buy Back Scheme"

Back