DALBY AND THE R.A.C. 27/11- IMPORTANT CHANGES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaya":6etoc787 said:
Dr S":6etoc787 said:
Gil has been in touch to say that there was six inches of snow down last night. he will keep me updated over the next 24 hours.

He is building up his Pugsley :shock:

Looks like theres more snow to come as well and a couple of freezing nites for good measure, The A169 Whitby to Pickering road is closed at the moment due to Ice & snow :roll:
looks like I may have to go the long way via Sutton bank :shock:
If there has been 6 inches already and it looks like there going to get a shed load more, we may be watching snow plow rallying :LOL:

Kaya. You might have to go the even longer way round as Sutton Bank is closed aswell. :D

giant-one":qhsichs8 said:
kaya":qhsichs8 said:
Dr S":qhsichs8 said:
Gil has been in touch to say that there was six inches of snow down last night. he will keep me updated over the next 24 hours.

He is building up his Pugsley :shock:

Looks like theres more snow to come as well and a couple of freezing nites for good measure, The A169 Whitby to Pickering road is closed at the moment due to Ice & snow :roll:
looks like I may have to go the long way via Sutton bank :shock:
If there has been 6 inches already and it looks like there going to get a shed load more, we may be watching snow plow rallying :LOL:

Kaya. You might have to go the even longer way round as Sutton Bank is closed aswell. :D

Looks like Ill be borrowing santa's slay then :LOL:

Vern, Go in via Commondale and Rosedale. Even if its bad its doable

4316584501_76e8e47ec5_o.jpg

Si if we get a dump of snow Friday nite it will be as bad as the A169,
If push comes's to shove I can always go down to Scarborough and go in to Dalby the back way.
And the coast road is normally kept clear except for all the crashes :LOL: If the worst does happen and we end up stuck in a snow drift I've got Paulie to cuddle up to ;)

not much snow today here in ripon/harrogate so may get to dalby;
ok got a set of lights only cheap ones
hope to get to cafe in pickering sat morning see you there.
may be wearing a telecom top dont know about the pink in it :oops:

Loads of snow forcast for the next few days. We may have to chop a few bits out of the route to get the mileage down.

It might be a good idea to take some food into Dalby aswell. If it is bad we will have to cut the western loop out which means we wont get to the cafe. Hopefully the tearoom at Jingleby will be open as a back up.

D_XZ":3n0djh97 said:
What tyres are people using for Dalby in this weather? Have you all got studs?

Regular tyres will be as good as anything. Studs only work on ice. There are two schools of thought when it comes to tyres for snow. One is the huge 4" tyres found on Surlys and the likes, the other is really narrow with aggressive blocks that cut through to the ground below. The later is probably better for the snow we get in the UK.

Think I will be going with the 4" option, bring out the Pugsley :)

Attachments

• IMG_5746.JPG
    IMG_5746.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_5744.JPG
    IMG_5744.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 408
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back