3D Racing Bikes 29er Singlespeed

wow cool, and fresh looking.
makes me want to re-fit the gas cartridge jobbie that went on the bottle cage mounts, mine had threading for two gas-cans.............never used them :oops: into the garage for a rumage.

MadCowKev":1bbtvg97 said:
Awesome looking bike - shame it has no gears!

Took the words out of my mouth! :LOL:
Loving the design, and those gas holders are SWEEEEEET!
I'm not a single speed man myself, but I tip my hat to you :D

erkan":1a0ulkjh said:
Thats nice but it is strange that someone with a history of making MTB would opt for road size wheels on a mountain bike.

Interesting. I'm no fan of 29ers... as long as you're tall enough to warrant one. I think is an abomination when I see the geometry on small 29er frames.

Chris is 6'5" or something like that. I asked him what he thought, and he said it was like the bike he'd been waiting to ride for 20 years. He actually wanted to do it ten years ago, but there wasn't the product line to build a good bike (fork, tires, etc). His 29ers actually make sense, and they look proportionally correct to the rider.

Not to be too much of a retro grouch but often find myself wondering why they needed to re-invent the wheel bigger... but hey, technology stagnates and people cry for bigger better and different. I really hope that Kirk Pacenti's 650B experiment takes off... that actually sounds reasonable!

Thats nice but it is strange that someone with a history of making MTB would opt for road size wheels on a mountain bike.

Honestly, I've been riding on 29ers for the last year and I'll never go back, this coming from a guy who learned building in a world of early mountian biking innovation.

The unfortunate truth is that the majority of manufactured 29er designs suck balls...they just did not take the time to analyze how the frame dimensions NEED to change with the bigger wheel size and it's relationship to the riders center of gravity. A grave error as it has led to a negative handling perception for a lot of people who just wanted to try the bigger wheel out.

I'm with Mike on fit though...I've done a few really small 29er's for customers (think 10" frame) and did not care for the design compromises that had to be made.

I've got three 650b's in the build queue and am looking forward to fabbing them up...the bigger wheel makes so much sense for ride performance and now with the addition of this size, will fit a smaller rider with more function and grace.

Back on topic...the 3D looks like a fun ride with some unique twists on an old design. Nice Chris!

cheers,

rody

Back