Soulcraft Option3

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Postie's excelled himself this time! :D

Must be the thought of his Crimbo tip! ;)

Attachments

• 011-2.JPG
    011-2.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 3,304
  • 018-1.JPG
    018-1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,298
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,292
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 3,287
Thanks Chaps! 'Tis rather nice; a very fine black metallic, with the purple/blue flames...

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 3,251
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 3,250
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 3,248
now that is very rare :shock: :D :shock: :D Never seen an Option 2 on these shores even if it is via a forum ;)

It's actually an Option 3. ;) There's a nice potted history of Soulcraft here, http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/i ... ling-19864
I bought it on Ebay.uk from a guy who'd bought it when over in America on business, and had finally admitted it's too big for him.
It's supposed to be a 19.5" but is actually 21" c-t. The top tube is only half an inch longer than my Fits-like-a-glove Dekerf, so it can't be too far wrong.
The frame has no dents, and alignment is perfect, but there are the usual scratches, that I might touch up, or might not. I just want to be riding it by the weekend!

suburbanreuben":zzq7d8xw said:
It's actually an Option 3. ;) There's a nice potted history of Soulcraft here, http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/i ... ling-19864
I bought it on Ebay.uk from a guy who'd bought it when over in America on business, and had finally admitted it's too big for him.
It's supposed to be a 19.5" but is actually 21" c-t. The top tube is only half an inch longer than my Fits-like-a-glove Dekerf, so it can't be too far wrong.
The frame has no dents, and alignment is perfect, but there are the usual scratches, that I might touch up, or might not. I just want to be riding it by the weekend!

sorry i hit the wrong button and meant option 3 :roll: not had a check recently but in the mtbr readers review section it was the only bike with a full 5 stars out of 5 for dozens and dozens of reviews and definitely one of my top 3 custom bikes. you lucky lucky man :D :cool:

haggis":3dboorhk said:
suburbanreuben":3dboorhk said:

sorry i hit the wrong button and meant option 3 :roll: not had a check recently but in the mtbr readers review section it was the only bike with a full 5 stars out of 5 for dozens and dozens of reviews and definitely one of my top 3 custom bikes. you lucky lucky man :D :cool:
Don't I know it! :oops:
I was searching for a Dekerf , ideally, with disc mounts, but I used the Retrobike Auction Watch, last Sunday, and this came up in the UK, Dekerf included in the sub title.
A bit of research did indeed discover 60 mtbr reviews, all of them 5 chilis, for value as well, which, given the price of the frame, is remarkable. Not one negative comment!
Despite having no money left, I thought I'd take the punt and worry about paying for it if I won.
Fortunately, no-one outed it in the market watch, and I got it for a bit less than I was willing to bid, and I was able to cover the cost by selling the Superlight (by 8.00am the next morning on STW!).

Back