Pace RC Sub130 bar - will it snap?

John":1py3gqqw said:
scant":1py3gqqw said:
manitou916":1py3gqqw said:
Lovely bars. I've never had any problems with them either. I wouldn't worry about it... unless you're a naturally unlucky person ;)

or you're hard on bikes ;)

..or a little

somemothers_2-746297.jpg

that was you in the forest of dean ride john, with that USE seatpost I told you not to buy coz they're sh,te (old clamp) & you bought it anyway :LOL: ;)

OR.. maybe its the face people make when they hear the dreaded crack of their bars bending at speed & wondering if they're going to stop in time! :LOL: :LOL:
my memory from that FoD ride is overwheling guilt from losing people! :oops: local guide didnt really know where he was going, which didnt help the fall out rate! realise we'd lost people, then backtrack.. or think we'd backtrack realising we'd gone back the wrong way!.. sorry about that! :shock:

scant":2szz3g3p said:
that was you in the forest of dean ride john, with that USE seatpost I told you not to buy coz they're sh,te (old clamp) & you bought it anyway :LOL: ;)

Everything breaks or is "sh,te" according to you Scant - the laws of probability dicatate you'd have to get it right sooner or later ;) :LOL: :LOL:

John":1pa63yz1 said:
scant":1pa63yz1 said:

Everything breaks or is "sh,te" according to you Scant - the laws of probability dicatate you'd have to get it right sooner or later ;) :LOL: :LOL:

hahaha :LOL: , yeh it kinda looks that way!, nar its only for the retro stuff ;) ...but as I said earlier, if someone ever asks if a parts anygood & I've had a bad experience I'll be sure to let them know, its deffo a more common thread on the modern forums than retro 1s, but people seem to take offense on the retro forums to hearing parts can break, but not on the other forums? weird, just my experience. I'd heard from my bike mag friends that those early USE clamps werent up to the job.

I WISH I hadnt bust a lot of retro stuff, couldnt really afford to keep replacing it as a kid & was devastated both emotionally & finanically when stuff broke. Its kinda amusing that I still love the retro stuff for its looks despite the amount of aggro, financial burden & occasional injuries it caused. I guess thats why I'm so black & white over the retro Vs modern thing when it comes to actual riding
<touches wood> I havent broken a modern component in quite some time now, despite riding waay harder & faster than BITD <touches wood>. its actually more of a relief than anything else!

Latest posts

Back