AMP Research Suspension Forks?

deelam

Retro Guru
Can anyone tell me if these are any good? I keep seeing them come up on ebay and I fancy a pair. I think they look the business but what is your experience / knowledge of them? I ride xc (hard) by the way.

Cheers!

I havent got a pair , but I have heard that they are good but require regular maintenance ( a lot more than normal forks ) .

A mate had some BITD, the bushings wear through increadibly fast. And the parrallelogram used to smack the downtube when fully compressed. These were the originals so I'm not sure if later versiuons were any better, they do look great though :)

for "hard" xc it isn t suited i guess. i ride easy xc, 65kg, and it s at the limit. however, i m only experienced with the f1 & f2. like steve wrote the bushings aren t the best...
besides them, i wouldn t recomment it for ppl >70kg. i ve seen much of these forks brake at nearly all places (dropout, bridge, parallelogram...).
there was also a dh version with 80mm travel, afaik a variante of f4, but don t know if this last longer...
i change the fork all 2 years :)
why i still ride it ? i just like how parallogram-forks are working, and because it is that light and fits old frames very good.
for "hard" ride the girvin fork would last longer...

ride on

I've ridden an F3 for a few years and liked it (still have it too), about 50mm of travel, very rigid laterally and lighter than the first Sids. Love the look of them. True about the bushings wearing out though.

Thanks guys, I do think they look the biz, but high maintenance is not where I am at right now.
Maybe later then!

Back