Baby 1997 Stumpjumper M2

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Decided to swap the steel Blizzard frame on my commuter for something smaller and that won't rust.
I found what I was looking for, a 1997 Stumpjumper M2.

Here are a few pre-build detail pics... :D

Attachments

• M2-4.jpg
    M2-4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5,621
  • M2-3.jpg
    M2-3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 5,621
  • M2-2.jpg
    M2-2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5,620
  • M2-1.jpg
    M2-1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 5,621
Coming soon! ;)
Just waiting on a couple of parts to finish it off. In the mean time here's the 'before' picture...

Attachments

• M2-5.jpg
    M2-5.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 5,504
Here she is! :D

One sweet ride. Really nimble and light, despite of the heavy studded tyres I'm running for winter. I'm really tempted to swap the Magura Blues for Racelines but since I'm most using it as a commuter I don't want it to stand out too much. We'll see.... :LOL:

Attachments

• stumpjumper-3.jpg
    stumpjumper-3.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 5,265
  • stumpjumper-2.jpg
    stumpjumper-2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 5,265
  • Stumpjumper-1.jpg
    Stumpjumper-1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 5,266
Very nice bike! I hope to find a frame like yours in 18" one day... I think your right about the yellow magura. Will look much better than the blue. But if you don't want it to stand out to much, maybee black HS33?

Thanks for the comments! :D

I believe it's a 13.5" frame, which is bordering on being too small for me, but I'd rather have a bike that's too small than too big. It's perfect for a future dual-slalom project too.

Personally I thought the white cables went well with the white it the decals and were a break from all the black, but each to his own I guess! ;)

The Project 2 forks also feel a bit of an odd choice for a Specialized. :oops: The story there is that I actually have a pair of Direct Drives but they weigh a ton! (maybe a bottom of the line version?) I also thought about some Manitou Mach 5's I've just renovated, only to find out that they are the recall ones... D'oh!!

Ok, a quick update before the fun beings...

It's been a great commuter, but also a winter back-up mtb (hence the Rock Shox) and over the summer, a daughter carrier :D

Attachments

• stumpy_seat.jpg
    stumpy_seat.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,253
Back