MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Here's the dale (taken couple years ago).
Now has rigid forks and other changed bits as acting as daily workhorse.

main.php

nice bike mate and welcome, look forward to getting out on a ride in the not to distant, nice to have another ayrshire biker :cool: my local trail is crawfurdland happy to show you round one day.

Yep 6ft2 and prone to riding gates.
I'm down in Cumnock area but have decent transport (van that takes 5 in comfort with their bikes) so tend to head out. I know it's boring but I do like me trails centres...

Was out over Dursideer loop today.

Hello all, another east coast here but further up in Aberdeen. I don't have a retro machine yet although I'm keeping a close eye on ebay & the like. Loving some of the bikes on here, my current machine of choice is a Planet x Kaffenback, which is kinda retro-ish, can I join in? :D

Thought I'd better say hello to the MacRetro folk since I've been lurking about for a while.

I'm a recent convert to mtb and as an old fart I'm drawn to older bikes.

I've currently got a 1996 Specialized Rockhopper with a modern shock fitted that I use on XC and trails. It's been round the Arrochar loop , Carron Valley and the Greenock/Kelly cut recently.

I've also got a 1988 Mongoose Sycamore which I've used on some light off road stuff.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128458

I've not got the cash or time to do the fantastic restos I see on here so I just keep my bikes running and out and about.

I'll maybe get the chance to meet up with some of you in the coming year.

Back