York / North York Moors / Dalby Retro Ride.

Eric

Dirt Disciple
I've been over to Dalby Forest today for a MTB ride with some old mates. I told them about this website and one of them suggested that we should have a retro meet over here.

So.... Anyone interested to get out and ride in Dalby? Its about an hour from York. Fire road and singletrack. Mud (of course) and roots. Two cafes. Follow a marked rout or just ride where you feel.

I'm interested, but it's quite a ways to go for one ride. Me'n a mate was planning to get up there this summer for a coupla days.... but we said that last year as well... :?

Sounds good Steve. When / if you know when your coming, post it up and I'll meet you for a ride.

Same goes for anyone else up this way, I'm out most weekends.

Will do Eric. Like I say it's on my list of places to go. A fellow who used to work at our place used to go in the winter, kept going on about some mega-hill, on the road I think, he said it was called Rosedale chimney??
Sounds right up my street, gimme the pain! :LOL:

I think I've read somewhere about improvements that have been made?

Heh, they're the maps I like to see. You know, the ones where the contour lines are so close together it looks like someone has spilt a plate of spaghetti on the map!

No prob's with the memory jog, glad I could be of some assistance. ;)

Been at work all weekend so today was my first day off. Been out this morning with a mate around the Lincolnshire Wolds for about 24 miles on the S/S.... I'm goosed, think I'm going for 40 winks.

Off to Wales this weekend for some fun.

I'll let you know if we're able to make it up there this summer Eric. Happy trails!

Happened to me the other day ,

I wonder who could that be...............................................................

Maybe you need to entice people with a picture of the new trails in Dalby

Ignore the old bike ;)

Currently in there at least once a week, give me a shout next time your out, I'll show you round the more interesting bits, without mud :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_0699a.jpg
    IMG_0699a.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 4,808
Back