2000 Marzocchi Jr.T rebound damping adjustment?

carter711

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi Y'all,

I've recently got some of the afore mentioned forks and up untill today I thought they had no rebound damping, I thought the only way you could control the speed of the fork was by changing the weight of the oil.

I was looking at this very helpfull guide and read that the 2000 Jr.T do infact have intenal rebound damping adjustment!
http://manualer.happymtb.org/marzocchi/ ... or%20t.pdf

The guide says that you need a special hexagonal rod that you put down the fork (once you've removed the topcaps) and by turning it you can alter the dampening?

So the question is, has anyone ever done this before, and what did you use if you didn't have the special rod? I take it it's like a really long allen key?

Thanks in advance if you can help me!

Yeah it was a massive long allen key, slightly rounded on one end and slightly pointed on the other.....had one with my Jr T's in 01, think it got used to clean the drains at my flat once I got my Boxxers -

boxxer said:
Yeah it was a massive long allen key, slightly rounded on one end and slightly pointed on the other.....had one with my Jr T's in 01, think it got used to clean the drains at my flat once I got my Boxxers -

Ahh that would make sense, do you think it was narrow at one end so it woult fit a variety of holes?

Back