Ride Suggestions for the 2011 Calendar- Have Your Say!

kaya":1ziwxo78 said:
FluffyChicken":1ziwxo78 said:
Si,

JAN- Black Hambleton, NYMoors.
That near Chop Gate ?
Terrible road that when there are flash rain falls. :LOL:

Ive just ridden around that area today, we had hail,sleet,freezing rain and a fookin cold northerly wind. I'm still not warm yet :LOL:
And I had a pinch flat half way down Black Hambleton :cry:

Good job we're not going in the middle of Winter then. Oh fekk :LOL:
Only driven up that way recently and walk around the souther part of that road, just south east of Laskil
Then when we drove up north we had to stop at one point as we couldn't see and the roads where rivers and flooded within minutes (a bit like at BDWII, but more so), rest was nice though over the top (north dales) and back through the middle moors road.

Historically you getgood riding on the moors in Jan/ Feb as it tends to be frozen solid and fast rolling. The later months all you get is axle deep bog and driving rain.

Gil did a 10 hour killer with the MBR guys today in the sleet. He thinks it will be years until they return to the moors again as they were thoroughly broken at the end.

It was only the last four or five miles that were really grim, Its just that's the bit you tend to remember :LOL: the rest of the ride was just damp and misty.
I'm going to put a weather request in for some nice frosty sunshine for the ride in Jan ;)

Ps We did 19 miles in 3 hours

Dr S":r4bsxzg1 said:
Gil did a 10 hour killer with the MBR guys today in the sleet. He thinks it will be years until they return to the moors again as they were thoroughly broken at the end.
I bet he singlespeeded it too just to add insult to injury :LOL:

Yes i agree with you that provisional calender is really good. Calender 2011 will help you to manage all events and upcoming plannings.

Back