Stem Choice wadya think?

Which stem option

• Syncros Stem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titanium Stem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it all depends on the colour of the decals. If you look at Jones' excellent Hei Hei, he has picked up the black from the decals and has black forks, stem, post and it looks absolutely right.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15347

No bright spangly bits to be seen anywhere, but titanium isn't suited by bright spangly bits. If you imagine the Hei Hei with titanium stem and post plus red bits, it wouldn't look so good IMHO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't help liking Ti bikes that are all silver or black but with one piece of bright colour somewhere, decals, stem. seatpost. Something that stands aout and doesn't fit aesthetically, and therefore is quite cool and does fit.

This month's colour piece on mine shall be the NOS 3DV Zooka Jez found me.

:D :D :D

I would normally answer Syncros without hesitating but a) it is hinged which I don't like; b) it doesn't have the Syncros decal (for me a superb typeface); c) the Ti one does look tasty!

So Ti all the way.

agree with Wu, Litespeeds look ace with yellow decals, as do the Hei Hei's with yellow decals, saying that my ti bike has rasta bits on it, but thats cos ive got nay taste...

oh, and stem and seatpost should match, so, ti stem it is.

Colours

Totally agree Wu, I think Black goes the best, dark red/purple doesn't look bad, blue and green look positively hideous with Ti, what about Gold? Something funny about the weird colour of oxidised Ti framesets!
Black certainly seems to look the best. I only changed the headset to the silver Orbit XL 11s as its a top piece of kit and all I had spare to replace the non sealed/knackered Ritchey Logic. I would have prefereed Black, but think it matches the polished fork yolk/brake levers OK.
I may transfer the "red" bits on to my next project, which is to be a painted frame.

Back