NWA: Rivington Pike ~ 21/11/10 - AFTERMATH on page 3

Well it would be rude to miss a ride right on my doorstep and I've just got my hands on an almost original Giant CADEX CFM2, so I'll be there in the morning. Looking forward to it!

MarkleSparkle":1xhlprgp said:
Well it would be rude to miss a ride right on my doorstep and I've just got my hands on an almost original Giant CADEX CFM2, so I'll be there in the morning. Looking forward to it!
Good stuff, see you there.

Just spent the last few hours trueing wheels, pumping up tyres and losing the keys to my bike rack.
Fortunately I found my last remaining spare key so I'll see you all in the morning.

I have a new map and a route in mind, but any extra local knowledge would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to it.

Cracking day - the last run from the castle was utterly perfect in my opinion :cool:

Thanks as always to the usual suspects for putting together a great route as they went ;) :LOL:

Thanks all for making me welcome, great ride as hard as i've done for sometime. Good downhills, good climbs and only 1 1/2 spills.

And Mark, thanks for the shoes, would have been well stuffed without them :)

And some great looking bikes...

Had a great day. I loved the whole downhill, the Saracen was so much fun there. Made up for nearly killing me on the climbs.

Thanks for being patient and waiting, chaps. I'm not the fastest and it was appreciated.

Another thanks for voting the Saracen bike of the ride! Genuinely surprised about that with such great bikes out there today.

Glad the shoes came in handy.

NWA-Rivington-November-01.jpg

Retro Riders: mrlee, kaytronika, paininthe, MarkleSparkle, elPedro666, sinnett177, HarryCrumb, drystonepaul.

Thanks to everyone who turned out for the ride today. Great company and a nice route too. Special thanks to new faces Mark, Paul and Mark for coming along for their first NWA Retrobike ride, riding lovely old bikes and helping out with the route directions.

More pictures and a full report to come soon...

Back