Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

• I do use the archive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Didn't know it existed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor search results in google

• Hard to navigate and use

• Don't like the stuff in it

• Total voters
I agree with all said before really. I use it quite a bit as I like browsing but to actually find specifics is quite hard. I.e. nota lot of resources are marked specifically "GT 1991 catalogue" meaning you search "GT" then have to read through a load of articles guessing which may be of use. Using GT as a made up example, but know it is the case with Saracens for example.

I've looked through it, it's ok but maybe could be presented better, the content is great, but maybe a little hard to navigate through as inital descriptions are not very detailed, its ok for a nose I guess

Yeah, I use it quite a bit and it's useful. I used it to work out the age of my Marin Bear Valley. How do people go about submitting stuff for the archive?

Archives are great but navigation very slow.

The main turnoff is number of clicks you have to do to get where you want.

a few points:

1) too many submenus.

2) thumbnails are layed out too generously.
( so much space around thumbnails it increases number of pages.)

3)When you finally get to desired page.
You still need to click twice till its readable.

Bit late on adding to this thread but here's my 2p

I've noticed a few of the catalogues (Kona) I've tried to look at have just been the front pages, bit annoying....

Rich Aitch":3i17lhhj said:
Yeah, I use it quite a bit and it's useful. I used it to work out the age of my Marin Bear Valley. How do people go about submitting stuff for the archive?

There is a Catalogue & magazine section you can post in. or PM me, John, and Elev12k as we are the mods of the section and we should sort it.

rosstheboss

could you point these out to me ?
If it looks like a front page only and you don't get the multiple pictures like in some parts, it is more than likely a PDF fild, click it and it should open or download.

1992 is pages http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=12125
but
1995 is a PDF of the lot
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=64766
Click on it or click on the 'Download document in original format' to download it instead.

Aha!!!

Well you learn something new everyday!!!!

Could be a little more obvious though, or is it just me being thick?

Don't answer that!

rosstheboss":22bkfo9a said:
Aha!!!

Well you learn something new everyday!!!!

Could be a little more obvious though, or is it just me being thick?

Don't answer that!

You're not the only one I've explained it to. :LOL:

It says Gallery 2, I went there morph was not there and no music played also the stuff I was lookin for wasn't there.

Latest posts

Back