Log your rides

first ride on the Kestrel :D So tinkered with the seat pin hight, seating position. Have to change to proper winter rubber as Rocket Rons are rubbish in the sticky stuff.

Rides like a dream. Brakes are rubbish. perhaps to light for a mtb??
it will do for a winter hack ride :LOL:

Wiggle order arrived this morning (DMR V12s, Cateye Enduro 8 comp and EL350 light) So I fitted them all and set off at sunset, did 12.5 miles of the Mary Townley loop on the Pennine Bridleway to test the new bits:
Pedals - Amazingly fantastic and great!
Light - Don't buy for MTB! Spot is tiny, spent most of the ride using my head torch beam at 7mph.
Comp - Seems good but I can no longer claim ignorance in my local 20mph zone (...31 :oops: )
Weather was lovely but my toes froze as my Seal-Skins failed last ride.

First ride for 2 weeks due to weather and too many other things taking up my time. Quick spin up to Bignor and back. 1 minute into ride chain snapped. Fixed with KMC quick link, 20 minutes later face plant on chalky downhill ouch! left hand still trobbing. Not to much mud new Panaracer Trail Rakers worked very well. View at the top of Bignor fantastic all the valleys full of mist where on above 200m sunshine and clear skys. Saw 2 foxes and 7 deer, oh! and 2 other MTBers a rare sight mid week. Going again Thursday!!!!

:D Bike2work this morning. Bugger of a headwind all the way and started retching through lack of food and exersion! Got soaked on the way home but easier pedalling. Still good to be back on the bike :D

Bike 2 work again, alot nicer today. Lovely winter afternoon for the ride home :D

Conti Edge tires on the rear. So now no problems in the mud. 3 laps of the Park. Had a fall now my ribs hurt :x

Yesterdays ride... changing studded tyres right now.

149565_1594810383105_1021308552_31649192_2352174_n.jpg

I rode the Marin Trail near Llanrwst the other night, absolutely jiggered at the end of it- cold, wet and hungry... The last half an hour was hard work as the light on my torches was dimming quite badly and I won't mention how utterly diabolical my brakes are, I'm in serious danger of losing some teeth what with not being able to see or stop!

But I'm quite pleased with my progress so far, it's now been about 6 months since I got back on my bike and finally I'm getting somewhere with this fitness malarky. Hopefully if I can get out one or two night s a week throughout the Winter I'll be well placed to enjoy the Spring and Summer. :D

Went for a quick blast today (or thats what i told the wife) 3.5 hours and 36 miles later i arrive home covered in shite from head to toe and aching all over, parents sat waiting and i got the "look" from the wife. Was well worth the grief though :D

Took the MrXC out for it's first ride on Thursday - rode down to the Kennet&Avon and then rode west from Theale - stopped just past Kintbury and turned round. Stopped at the tearoom for a cuppa too - luvverly!

About 45 miles - some muddy bits but the towpath is great for getting the mileage in!

And the Rangers in Windsor Great Park can get a bit snotty sometimes - just don't try to ride down the Long Walk!

Back