Pace RC Sub130 bar - will it snap?

Thanks for all the advice. They've got the Renthal name on and they're only going to be used for XC so I now feel a bit more confident.

However, if I suddenly stop posting on this site then you can assume that they've claimed another victim.

Rich

scant":jrru9pgd said:
or you're hard on bikes ;) pace could have kept making these bars.. but they didnt;t :LOL: ;)

and Frames and stems and hubs and chain rings and forks. Wonder why they stopped making everything?

Wold Ranger":lst5v0o9 said:
scant":lst5v0o9 said:
or you're hard on bikes ;) pace could have kept making these bars.. but they didnt;t :LOL: ;)

and Frames and stems and hubs and chain rings and forks. Wonder why they stopped making everything?

I'm not sure if me & my mates just bought every "half a$$ed friday component" instead of the decent monday- thursday components? :LOL: ;)
when I rang pace back to thank them for my warranty replacement answer hyperlites I asked how come I had hyperlites & not pace & was told a stern "not making them anymore"

I'm curious to see how the forks perform & hold up now DT is making them

Yeah me too. I was going to put a pair of their suspenders on my new bike but on hearing nightmare stories from friends who owned them and all the mechanics who saw them coming through the door at my LBS that I was put right off and went for a pair of their rigids!

Wonder if quality control/reliability will improve...

scant":1r67t9yd said:
Wold Ranger":1r67t9yd said:
scant":1r67t9yd said:

I'm not sure if me & my mates just bought every "half a$$ed friday component" instead of the decent monday- thursday components? :LOL: ;)
when I rang pace back to thank them for my warranty replacement answer hyperlites I asked how come I had hyperlites & not pace & was told a stern "not making them anymore"

I'm not saying any of this to be vindictive to pace; if someone asks if a product is safe enough & I've had a negative experience I'll sure as hell let people know!

I'm curious to see how the forks perform & hold up now DT is making them

old kit

The RC 130's were made by Renthal, who stopped making 'em years ago, so Pace then used Answer. I still think there would be a good demand for a quality UK bar manufacturer. USE did use to make some superb bars, (all lovely anodised colours) with built in slots for bar ends, so no crushing/crimping/slipping moments. I still have a few UK produced Ti Bars. I totally despise riser bars, only benefit is the moto look, too wide too high, too laid back, too wobbley.

scant":1z9q1xri said:
manitou916":1z9q1xri said:
Lovely bars. I've never had any problems with them either. I wouldn't worry about it... unless you're a naturally unlucky person ;)

or you're hard on bikes ;)

..or a little

somemothers_2-746297.jpg

jez-2-many-bikes":2e2anhvm said:
I wouldnt ride them in anger... :twisted: :twisted:

Not really relevant to the topic and quoted out of context but I like to think that I am more livid than angry when I ride (mutating into puce by the top of the first climb, ashen by the bottom of the first descent).

Sorry, totally irrelevant to the discussion but then I've done this before and fear I'll do it again.

Sheep

Jez no wonder they're running around shooting sheep, you've been feeding 'em all blackcurrent Chewitts, they haven't got blue tongue after all!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

Back