2008 Vit T

Looks ok, but would honestly rather a Lynskey or IF. Just looks a touch ordinary really. Not keen on the seat cluster area, prefer more 'interesting' features in this area.

gump Posted:
Looks ok, but would honestly rather a Lynskey or IF. Just looks a touch ordinary really. Not keen on the seat cluster area, prefer more 'interesting' features in this area.

I agree! I suppose it's meant to stay faithful to the original Vit-T design though.

I think most people in the market for a high end Ti frame pretty much know exactly what they're after and cost is often a secondary consideration - hence the existence of the custom builder.

Makes me wonder who will buy these bikes (not to imply that they're not deserving of owners).

With this in mind perhaps Orange is wise to make this a limited run.

Perhaps they'll appeal to the original market? They sold the Vit T originally and people bought it, maybe those people are older now and fancy another? (if you could get hold of one)

Time, inflation and demand wise is it really that much more than they were in the day? I remember what I paid for mine at the time. :roll: ;)

Calling Doc Brown!!!!

Just don't "get" modern MTB's especially Oranges. Compared with JS1500's Vit T(readers bikes) the new one looks like a shed. Looks too busy, ("looks") heavy and a little clumsy. Whereas JS1500's (and all Oranges of "our" era) just look "right".

We should all chip in and build a time machine. Once made a flux capacitor out of a length of hoover flex, 4 diodes and an empty Philadelphia carton. Didn't work.

Jim

Lynskey seem to have an interesting business model given they recently built the limited edition Marin Team Ti frames.....

dainesefreak posted:

Perhaps they'll appeal to the original market? They sold the Vit T originally and people bought it, maybe those people are older now and fancy another? (if you could get hold of one)

Time, inflation and demand wise is it really that much more than they were in the day? I remember what I paid for mine at the time.

Oh I agree- what I mean is that given the ease of buying custom ti frames now compared to back in the day, it's perhaps only previous owners that would have the brand loyalty needed to fork out for something that could, for a little more spent elsewhere, be tailored to their exact requirements.

Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely bike and good value as a package but
I'd be saving a little longer though and go for a Paduani/IF/Black Sheep/Seven or similar, built to Hei Hei geometry with a little added stiffness, disc tabs, EBB and Rholoff hub.

I know it's not retro (yet) but have you seen these frames??!!
http://www.paduanoracing.com/

I know what you mean but sometimes there's the laziness aspect. It's like buying off the peg I suppose. Not that I could justify it to my other half any more anyway!

Back