1999 Raleigh RSP Catalogue

The Raleigh files

marekb":6m6gzudp said:
Loving the brochure, been away for a bit. Please humour the question, on the mtb what is the handlebar stem?

X-Lite, Vitorzip had one for sale a bit back, nice and stiff, pretty but heavy also! Looks totally out of place, why Blue? Nothing else on the bike is Blue. I have one of the Torus Team frames, which were different to these.

Raleigh

They couldn't compete with the far eastern Alloy weld meisters and the Raleigh steel/Ti was not seen as having the Kudos of US manufacturers to warrant the prices. All a matter of fashion really. Still say they were one of the best rides out there.

RSP stuff

Hello,
I've just bought a RSP 853 Road frame with a Cinelli stem, Campag BB and seat post. Hoping to turn it into a fast commuter with 7 speed hub gears. Does anyone know anything else about them? How long they were made for etc? I'd be grateful for any info - I know more about Reynolds than Raleigh Special Products - who seem to have got into MTBs fast.

My first decent MTB was a M-Trax 3000L, I thought it was a 95 but I cannot see it in this brochure and I dont remember the brochure looking like that. It could be that my bike was in the 96 brochure I suppose but I am pretty sure it was 95?

Trevor.

Raleigh. I'd imagine 90% of the British members here have owned one at some point. whether its a grifter, burner or mustang. Anyhow here are some scans from an article in the 2000 xmas special of cw. These allude to happier times before the company was effectively forced to stop uk manufacturing due to some newts.

main.php

main.php

main.php

When will wee see our first Raleigh replica NOT connected to Mr Tomac?

Back