PoTM November - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickle":2t3szct1 said:
CTK":2t3szct1 said:
Jacob's Ladder last winter.

Stunning pic....................

but where's the bike???

I thought I'd get away with it because its a famous MTB route- but feel free to pull the pic if it doesn't conform to rules and regs :)

almost all the leaves are down.....

Image008.jpg

San Diego, February 1982

This certainly won't compete on photographic artistry, but it has some historical charm. My still-stock '81 Ritchey stands in a rare snow patch in San Diego's Cuyamaca Mountains, February 1982. Yes, its the same bike I still ride (though I've been through several tails).

Attachments

• Ritchey_snow_Feb1982a.jpg
    Ritchey_snow_Feb1982a.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 489
I know that Saracens are now officially uncool, but yesterday I swopped the bouncy front bits to rigid and fitted the 'grds - and it certainly felt quite wintry earlier this morning!

Kili2Wint2.jpg

So this is the geared winter ride for when I feel like more than 1-speed.

Re: San Diego, February 1982

drpaddle":p7amh9j5 said:
This certainly won't compete on photographic artistry, but it has some historical charm. My still-stock '81 Ritchey stands in a rare snow patch in San Diego's Cuyamaca Mountains, February 1982. Yes, its the same bike I still ride (though I've been through several tails).

Appreciate you taking the time to scan and post. The picture quality stinks like only a little pocket instamatic from the 80's could offer. Remember that drawn out process for getting a picture. Usually one to resist change, I love digital. For what the photo has in grainyness, it makes up for in cool. Biplane, Oakley 3's, TA's..... Being from the class of 81 myself, I think that bike is perfect....

Awesome slice of early Mtb history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back