And today I did......

Im thinking about doing one of my bikes (Kona) totally retro stylee
fitting period XT M73? and that will include cantie's and after running
V's & discs I want the cantie's to work as effectively as possible.

kaya":1jh9jzru said:
Message for RobMac THE ALBON (Albatross) HAS LANDED ;) :LOL:

Now to try and sort out some of the faults :cry: the rear shifter has taken a knock, the bars have some damage and the free hub needs some attention :LOL: but looks like it will fit me quite well :cool:

Thanks to RobMac for picking this up and posting it for me, He went beyond the call of duty ;) cheers mate

I feel quite embarrassed now for some reason :oops:
Hope I didnt go over board with the packing :roll:

Your very welcome BTW

Get as good and sticky blocks as you can such as the compounds used by trial riders. Canti's need toed in slightly, flat against the rim like vee's wont work and will squeal horrible. Arms sticking outward as much as you can get away with and straddle wire as low as you deem safe can increase leverage and power. Four finger levers or levers that are not too close to the bars can also increase leverage and thus power.

Best canti's for power are cyclocross style as they have wide set arms. SHimano and similar style mtb canti's have closer set arms so that you didnt hit your legs off them as you dropped off the back of the saddle but this compromised their effectiveness. I had an old set of wide canti's that when set up right with their wide arms were as good as vee's.

With canti's its all about leverage and how the blocks hit the rim ;)

Another fruitless day waiting for CRC to deliver parts. Ordered bars 10 days ago, wrong bars were sent which were returned last saturday. Still no sign. Ordered a few parts to finish the Cotic on Monday morning but again no sign. They are usually pretty good but a bunch of arse this week.

Day off tomorrow as well and was going to get some riding in. Looking unlikely now as both moderns are out of action and the freewheel failed on the Humu this morning. Trails are too mucky to risk any of the summer only retro bikes, so it looks like a day of house chores instead.

Had a gander at the Potential Redundancies List at work today :shock:

am not on it, yet, but there's some heavy axe swinging to come :!:

Back