Raleigh Special Products team fra- oh no, hang on...

Here we go. The drop outs are just plain steel - no markings on them:

Head tube lugs:

DSC02576.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

Fork crown profile:

DSC02578.jpg

Drive side drop out:

DSC02579.jpg

Seat tube cluster:

DSC02580.jpg

And finally...Low winter sun:

DSC02581.jpg

i was watching that one also . bit of a crappy photo on e bay if i recall
im just up the road from blackburn too. but decided as there was little interest i couldnt be bothered . i thought europa but the chrome forks threw me out . looks a decent buy anyway for the money

Nothing there that a bit of thought and TLC cant sort.

The Europa was the bike to have in the Raleigh line up in the 1970s.

It's nicer than any other Eurpa I've seen, integral hanger, but still stamped steel, and the forks look nice with the sloping crown. It may be later than the others I've seen.

Enjoy it, it looks like a fun bike.

It's a good un, it is shining up well with T-cut, although there are plenty of scratches and scrapes. It is very comfy and compliant to ride, even with the skinny tyres - something to do with it being a big frame maybe?

Nick, I completely forgot to stick up the serial number - it's NL 2002198 - I think that makes it a Nottingham bike with an August 1982 build date?

Yup, it's an 82 bike, and Nottingham made, so not high end.

Big frames are often a little softer and more compliant.

There's the remains of a dealer's sticker on the seat post - the words "Black-" (which I'd guess is Blackburn or at a push Blackpool) and the start of an address, "20 King-". Do any north west retro bikers know the shop name and whether it's still going? I believe 20 King St in Blackburn is a Pizza Shack now :(

Finished (apart from the cracked drop out :cry: )

DSC03114.jpg

Gah! Curse you knackered drop out!

DSC03113.jpg

Lovely to use Suntour Power shifters, making the Sachs-Huret rear derailleur seem much classier than it is...

DSC03119.jpg

All time favourite Raleigh colour scheme.

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03117.jpg

Decals from Lloyds, nervous-but-ultimately ok flatting back of paint and painting of seat tube by me and rattle cans.

Love it. Head and shoulders aesthetically above any of today straight forked clones.

Back