Blackmount-GlenEtive 2010 Official Aftermath Thread

RobMac":19ooi14w said:
Mr P your not helpin ma itchy feet posting pics like that :roll:

Give them a long steep in the bath with some soothing crystals, hand prepared and wrapped by firm buttocked maidens with....

.......oh sorry, forgot your bath is already full :roll: Best just get some smelly ointment from your GP then.

:D

Right Mr P. we can see the dugs bike and a fine machine it is too but what peice of cr** were you riding that you were too ashamed to photograph :LOL:

Spenderous scenery yes, but way too far from civilisation in winter for me :roll:

I really need to get out there.Youre soo lucky living where you do,too handy :LOL:
Its only a few hours away on the train :?

dyna-ti":2oeequjl said:
I really need to get out there.Youre soo lucky living where you do,too handy :LOL:
Its only a few hours away on the train :?

Queen Street to Bridge of Orchy (or Corrour :twisted: )

Camp.

You're in the middle of it :D

....as for living here - advantages and disadvantages :?

The Mbuk of this month (Bivvy Biking special) reminded me of this thread. It took me all evening to find this thread again as I only remembered the carcasses and the wooden sheds... :)

I too think this was an epic ride and would like to suggest it to my friends. I am wondering if somebody has a GPX file of the ride so that I can prepare them :cool: ?

I don't have GPX technology :LOL: but its easy enough to check on map (Ordnance survey sheet 51 from memory, Glen Orchy) - No doubt that can be accessed electronically. If not, let me know if you need one.

If you come over let us know and we may come out to play :cool:

Oh - You'll also need a boat, or need to cycle slightly further :D

Mr Panda,

Cool! I'll remember that. I am going to suggest this tomorrow and if my friends are into it, we'll be with the three of us. One is from Hoylake but lives here in Rotterdam, the other is from (I guess 46 Bc ;) ) and then there is me...

We are not the fastest riders (although we can look very professional) but are in it for the fun.

I'll let you know.

Cheers

Casper

MynameisCasper":3iohyzl5 said:
Mr Panda,

We are not the fastest riders (although we can look very professional) but are in it for the fun.

Casper

Ahhhh - you sound just like us :D

Casper this is the OS map I drew up - 1:50,000 landranger series - you can look at it on bing and screen grab the surrounding area if you want to expand it.

If this isn't full size you should beable to download the 1.8mb version from my photobucket site.
GlenEtiveMap.jpg

COOL! Looks like they're into it. Now the hard part... Which date...

Mr. Panda, do you have any suggestions when the riding is best over there? What do you reckon we need for a two day trip? Is there something of a checklist?

I'll see what the best way is for transport. My feeling is leaving Rotterdam by car on friday, take the ferry and then drive up to the starting point. I have no idea though if the travelling is doable in one day. How long will the rive take from Harwich to the starting point?

Looking forward to it!

Back