Falcon San Remo 006.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4,381
  • Falcon San Remo 002.jpg
    Falcon San Remo 002.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4,378
  • Falcon San Remo 001.jpg
    Falcon San Remo 001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4,378
I'm pretty certain all team bikes were blue and around that date possibly had the chrome lugs. There's a photo on the cover of a 'Sporting Cyclist' with Albert Hitchen and his bike so I'll dig it out and have a look. Next time I see Bernie Burns I can ask him if there are any definite indentifying details for a team frame.

Old Ned":5r2d1270 said:
I'm pretty certain all team bikes were blue and around that date possibly had the chrome lugs. There's a photo on the cover of a 'Sporting Cyclist' with Albert Hitchen and his bike so I'll dig it out and have a look. Next time I see Bernie Burns I can ask him if there are any definite indentifying details for a team frame.

I promised the piccie of Albert and his team bike so here it is. Magazine is dated May '64 but not sure when the photo was taken, it could have been earlier that year or more likely in '63. Frame is probably in the darker blue finish and has chrome headlugs and fork crown, fitted with Campag Record headset (notice the small Campagnolo label sewn onto his jersey) and no braze-ons except for a 'stop' on the down tube to prevent the gear levers slipping down. Looking at the scratches on the headtube just behind the top lug it would appear that the chroming went some way along the top tube. As Campag didn't have their brakes yet he is using Weinmann centre pulls with the quick-release style levers and the big cable adjusters.

That's Bob Addy behind wheeling his Holdsworth wearing his Hemel Hempstead CC club jersey so this could date the photo better. When did he turn pro?

Perhaps Andy PA's dad could add something to this?

Attachments

• AlbertHitchenMay64SC.A.jpg
    AlbertHitchenMay64SC.A.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,958
My Dads back next week so he will confirm any year details you want
Here are the 64 details ,some of the pcitures of the old man ive got hes on a chrome falcon,I doubt any team bikes had mudgaurd eyes
5118020003_a529d6b030.jpg

as you can see this frame is mostly chrome plated
5118019889_36e9964505.jpg

Back