And today I did......

Discs are the future!

Crapfest nightrde last night. Really hard work in the thick clarty mud, even having to stand and hammer the pedals going downhill just to keep going.

In agony this morning. I hit a root under the leaves on one steep decent and fell off to the side landing with all my weight onto my bad wrist. Called it a night and headed to the pub. 3 quick pints and ibuprofen got me to sleep but I awoke when they wore off.
Big Dalby ride next weekend is going to be hard work now.

Will be putting discs on the saracen soon and will see how it goes.

Second coat of touch up paint on the flouro wicked last night, so do I t-cut or autoglym paint restorer?[/list]

Got me new frame back today[well yesterday] the caliper mount was bent and stopped you fitting the wheel as the rotor wouldnt line up.
Good old Mr Bain has yet again come to the rescue and gently, using heat and love, straightened it
[i actually think its still a teensy bit out but no enough to matter]
And 4 frames later i finally have a bike that fits me :D

Chuffed
To bits :D

I have now played around with the pics and can hopefully add photos as requested:

Here is the original Hotrock A1 FSR I bought as a project it needs wheels, bottom bracket, front and rear mech etc:

I then bought a Hotrock 24 as a source of missing parts:

But then decided it was too good to brake and then bought a Rockhopper 24 as a part source:

The idea is to end up with a nice FSR for my son and the second good bike to sell on - it is too big for my daughter.

Attachments

• Hotrock FSR.jpg
    Hotrock FSR.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Hotrock 24.jpg
    Hotrock 24.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Rockhopper 24.jpg
    Rockhopper 24.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 154
Message for RobMac THE ALBON (Albatross) HAS LANDED ;) :LOL:

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Now to try and sort out some of the faults :cry: the rear shifter has taken a knock, the bars have some damage and the free hub needs some attention :LOL: but looks like it will fit me quite well :cool:

Thanks to RobMac for picking this up and posting it for me, He went beyond the call of duty ;) cheers mate

Back