RAM frame

jim m

Devout Dirtbag
Does anyone remember RAM frames - an early 90s British manufacturer I think - big tubed aluminium front end with an elevated chainstay at the back. I remember MBUK doing an article on an all-British bike and this was the frame they used. Any info greatly appreciated, even better if someone has one they aren't using any more!

cheers, Jim

I only remember these rams ➡️

Hartmannad.jpg

hartmannad2.jpg

Yup, the're the ones I remember too. I don't recall Switzerland being in Britain. ;)

I remember a MTBPro article on it, in the same mag as the tests on a Orange P7 and a Formula 1 full suss so maybe that's why you remember it as British, or is there another Ram????

manitou916":ulxj3nki said:
Jim is correct,

Ironically, it was retrobikeguy who kindly posted the above article ;)

Godammit and shame on me :oops: :oops: :oops:

I always thought that frame was called a Rhino......................... that'll teach me to speed-read :LOL:

thanks ever so much for the post of the actual article - I was denying my sanity when the Hartmann's popped up, as they look sort of similar - and they claimed to make a burnished aluminium one that must have looked very like the UK one.

Anyway, that article was like a time machine!

I'd love to get hold of one - please keep me in mind if anyone's thinking of selling one

Back