Global Titanium Softail - and back to Pace on the front.

Looks odd - but rides surprisingly normally!

The small amount of travel is good for soaking up trail buzz. But it is a singletrack beast :cool:

I like the look :D apart from the tyres(pet hate) any other plans? Ti stem would be nice.

I think it'd look nice with some skinwall tyres - might give those new Charge ones a go if they come down in price a bit.

Fancy matching the wheels up at some point - so a silver rim on the back or black on the front.

To stem would be nice :cool: but probably a bit expensive unless I luck out on ebay.

This is starting to turn into a British Built Bike & Bits project - well as close as i can without breaking the bank :LOL:

Just upgraded the stem to a Hope XC, and have acquired some Hope Open 2s from ebay that will be on once they've been serviced and fettled.
I'm also in the process of smartening up the X-Lite Clickon seatpost, and that will be back on there sometime soon (they have sh1te anodising on them, which comes off as soon as you take it outside - so a strip and polish is in order)

Frame - Global Ti Softail - British design and distributed/European made
Fork - USE SUB
Front Wheel - USE SubHub/Mavic
Back Wheel - Hope XC/DT Swiss
Stem - Hope XC
Cranks - Middleburn + custom Uno ring + Pauls Chainkeeper
Brakes - Hope Open 2s F&R
Bars - Race Face Next carbon risers - but on the lookout for some X-Lite or USE bars 2nd hand
Post - X-Lite Clickon
Saddle - On-One (not really UK - but hey!)

Suppose a Hope headset and a Hope/X-lite QR on the back would add to the Ukish build ;) [/i]

the use sub forks are really interesting forks. afaik their construction prevents break diving, right?
how much travel does it have? axle-to-crown measurements?
how does the fork ride compared to what you have riden before and does the "break dive prevention" feel?

Not sure of the axle-crown measurement.
100mm travel - though it has a very 'bottomless' feel to it.

The anti-dive feature seems to work well - they still remain active under braking, but the suspension stiffens up slightly when you do brake - but doesn't use up the travel :cool:

Nice forks all in all.

Nice upgrades my man. Always wanted to try out those USE forks as they do look interesting and as you say the machine work done looks incredible. Nowt wrong with ogling at beautifully made bike parts. :cool:

Pics from a ride today.
Showing some of the recent upgrades - Hope stem, Brookes Pro saddle, Royce BB, Hope Open 2 brakes.

Thats a cool bike there!

Any details on the custom Uno ring? Im desperate for coloured rings for my XC duo's!!!

Latest posts

Back