Global Titanium Softail - and back to Pace on the front.

saw that on ebay a few months ago aswell! it is a nice frame! and for 610£ it is really cheap! let us know how it rides!

lovely build....and the bin find?! awesome.

i too put in a cheeky offer the last time that frame was on the 'bay. yours was less cheeky than mine :LOL:

looks just right for blasting down the singletrack.

....and the bin find?! awesome.

I know - couldn't believe it when I found them.

My LBS are cool about me having a root through their bins. Found loads of good stuff over time - hubs, mechs, bars, etc. But a set of usable (well the rings were trashed) XTR cranks - I was amazed :LOL: I'd wanted to try doing the SS mod on some for ages, after seeing the ones Jeff Jones puts on his bikes, but never wanted to drop the money on a 2nd hand pair, as they still go for £100 or so!

A couple of phone camera photos I took this evening before a quick ride - getting very close to completed now :D

Replaced the Pace RC36s with some lovely Rockshox Dukes from the classifieds here (cheers NeilG ;) )
Yes the Pace are nice forks, but they HATE wet weather, and I actually think the 85mm travel of the Dukes suits the bike better.

Fitted the Paul's Chain Keeper - lovely little bit of kit!

....and also put on an X-Lite Clickon seatpost (bought on ebay for all of £6!)

4192723555_22e5c19058.jpg

4193484922_2e21532a83.jpg

Built this bike up getting on for a year ago now - and I keep fettling it/adding to it, and it keeps getting nicer to ride :D

The only real issue has been the Pace RC36 Stealths - lovely forks, but they have the medium springs in them, and are just too soft for me.

So I was offered some USE SUBs and matching front wheel for 200 note, and here they are being serviced and then fitted - very easy to do a service, all you need is a 5mm allen key! Lovely engineering and some beautiful CNC work on them :cool:

USE Sub being serviced by silly-boy, on Flickr

USE Sub on the Global by silly-boy, on Flickr

Still fettling away at this one (bikes are never really finished are they? :LOL: )

Lovely RS7s and a custom Uno ring from the states.....

Cheers :D

Don't think they are the same - Global bikes were/are distributed by Ride-On in Lancashire. I think they had them made on the continent - there is some evidence of a Netherlands bike company selling the same frame.

Global was started by Ride On and a known rider at the time Roy Hunt, they had the frames made in Europe.

haggis":1amal0t0 said:
Nice bike. didn't Enigma here in the UK used to be Global?

Omega bikes evolved into Enigma, kinda.

Nice bike :D Looks like it would be a really interesting ride!

Back