Some old snaps - and a young Lance in Leeds!

ShiftySteve

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Now, I'm guessing a bit at the year when i took these, but Chris Boardman has WC stripes so I reckon 94 ish.

Found these in my mums loft and thought i'd scan em in.

Some recognisable, some not, but I enjoyed looking back at them and hope you do too.

Saville was just as creepy then too!

Attachments

• boardman.jpg
    boardman.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 2,681
  • lance & boardman.jpg
    lance & boardman.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 2,681
  • various.jpg
    various.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 2,681
  • yates riis.jpg
    yates riis.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 2,681
Nice pics, I've got the same 'Briko' Bug shades that Cipollini is wearing (I think it is Cipo)
I Love 'em, really provide good protection & got them for the bargain price of £9 new in the box off ebay a couple of years ago.

Jimmy Savile really is off the wall but a nice bloke all the same. :LOL:

tonyf39":1csqfjew said:
Nice pics, I've got the same 'Briko' Bug shades that Cipollini is wearing (I think it is Cipo)
I Love 'em, really provide good protection & got them for the bargain price of £9 new in the box off ebay a couple of years ago.

Jimmy Savile really is off the wall but a nice bloke all the same. :LOL:
To my opinion it is Fabio Baldato on pictue above who is wearing them. Cipollini however did make part of a MG team in the past and was wearing Briko sunglasses as well.
264px-Mario_cippolini_.jpg

JS is still to be seen jogging/shuffling along in his gold trackie now and again on the Otley road. I dont know if he has a place near there.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Certainly one of my favourite eras. Great bikes and riders. Slightly tarnished by the fact they were clearly all well medicated but still...

John":8xa7oazl said:
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Certainly one of my favourite eras. Great bikes and riders. Slightly tarnished by the fact they were clearly all well medicated but still...

What, including Lance?...shirley not! ;) :LOL:

tonyf39":2ujsp5np said:
John":2ujsp5np said:

What, including Lance?...shirley not! ;) :LOL:

I suspect Mr. Boardman would probably take exception to the above statement as well. Although the less said about some of the other characters in the photos, the better [1].

David

[1] And I don't mean Sir Jimmy either ("....now here we go with a letter from Bjarne in Denmark, who writes: 'Dear Jim, can you fix it for me to have a 60%+ haematocrit level?'"). ;)

Back