FOUND THANKS ! AHEADSET 1 1/8 silver or black

FRED101

Old School Hero
Hello guys, I need you,
This would be the last piece i need to finish my current project. The steerer tube of the fork is a tad short, so i need the lowest stack possible so the stem can clamp on a sufficient height (i don't plan to run the Kamikaze but still, i like to be safe).
Does anyone reading this has something for me?
1 1/8, black or silver good to nice condition, i'm thinking of a race face real seal, ringlé SJ, chris king no logo, wtb... if necessary i'll widen my choice to Dia compé or Tioga, but would prefer something a bit more exotic.
I'll pay through paypal and shipping is in belgium so it should be sealed to cross the channel unharmed ;)
Thanks
Fred

An update to widen to an Alchemy from Tioga, there's must be someone outhere willing to help me finish my Tazmon,
One last thing to make it clear, i don't want it for free...

Cane Creek or King

How about a Cane Creek S-Pro? I think the published stack height is 28.6mm but I can always double check with my caliper. I'll take $65, shipped from the U.S. I can provide pictures, any interest?

Alternatively, you can try to locate a Kelly stem. I went through the same thing myself. The clamp height of the Kelly stem is 35 mm. For reference, Thomson is 40 mm. All measured with my caliper.

I have a black KING (with LOGO) and a Ritchey WCS (also Black) both 11/8 A-head.
Has to come from Holland so no package needed :D

greetz Roy

The bottom cup has no Cane Creek logo as in the newer ones, so I'm guessing year is between 96 to 98. Stack height is about 29.5mm on my caliper.
FRED101":2kc63spr said:
thanks for the proposal, any idea of the year it was made?

another idea..how about a Campagonolo Record road one?

They seem to have about the lowest stack height I've ever seen and are also greasable through a port in the side of the lower race.

Graeme Obree used them on his winning TT bike with them on a 2" head tube, so they can take a beating.

..and they have a nice carbon top cap...

DSC01946.jpg

The one on the left..Total Aheadset height 43mm
The one on the right..Total Aheadset height 45mm excludes the fork crown ring
J

Thank you mates for you suggestions, i think i sorted it out with johnrock's alchemy (that would be a nice name for a rock band by the way).
I'll check this when it arrives, i hope to show somes pics of the finished bike soon
thanks again
fred

Back