the great big bike build off

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Tell Me this is a terrible idea but sitting on the bus musing away as is my want.

How does this sound, we all set aside a bike project or if that is to hard or expensive have just one we do as a group, get together at someone's mancave close to trails and have a build off. Would be good fun and an education for most I'm sure. Kaiser can do a session on canti set up etc few nibbles a cheeky wee bottle of red and mibee a vote for best worst funniest ...

Would be cool to start build and ride all in the same day?

Cool idea :cool:

Have to be ground rules though such as everyone starting at same level of disassembly with the same technology to master.

Would also need a venue we're all happy with afterall our own sheds and tools are very personal things :LOL:

I would love to start from a completely stripped bike and my place is cool if people can be arsed travelling to ayrshire.

Mind you, somewhere central might be easier for folk to get to and mid summer so we could work outside and get a tan. I have the rockhopper comp that could be my/our bike build.

Could even do teams like a scrapheap challange sort of deal.

Could be a right laugh/shonky H & S disaster.

On similar lines, how about a MacRetro collective mystery build? Frame would be about 18" so it'd have a reasonable chance of fitting most folk, and everybody bring a part/parts from their spares box, the only co-ordination being to make sure we bring enough to do a complete build and the head tube/seat post/crank/BB dimension details? Could be a good way to get rid of unwanted crap, and we could pass 'the creation' around?

me and some mates did this with lc's (small yamaha motorcycles) a few
years ago ,great fun , pedallies would be easier and doable in a day

the passround would be good too ,someone could get it for a week or so do a bit too it ,pass it on and the next one gets on with it &on&on till its built

well it sounds good to me

What about doing it at the Summer Solstice run at Mikee's. Build the bikes through the day and ride in the afternoon/evening Sunshine. :D

Latest posts

Back