MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Thanks guys - i put piocs of some of the bikes on the main newbie thread

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121914&highlight=

I'll post more pics as things progress and as i buy even more stuff :D

I'm lucky in that i deal with waste as part of my job so the majority of stuff has been free - some of it really bad and some not so bad - the Revolution frame was in some flytipping so i have no idea on which year - it came with some XCM forks which i'll rip apart and learn all about forks from :D - the paint on the frame was in very bad condition so its approx 3/4 stripped back to bare metal - i'll be able to check for any damage a bit easier then i can start collecting bits :LOL: - this frame has taken a back seat to the DB Ascent which is getting stripped down just now - there are a few rusty bits on the paint but i reckon i can sort and touch-in as i would prefer to keep the smoky paintjob.
I've spent years restoring old cars as a hobby so have quite a good tehnical ability - it's just getting used to bike stuff again.

my plan is to get bike fit again and then i'm sure i'll manage to get out and join in :D

Excellent, the East Coast Massive is getting MASSIVE
Welcome to the crazy world of MacRetro.
We must get another east coast meet sorted some time :D

Picked up the HardRock tonight - pretty chuffed at condition - a few scratched here and there but even has the original tyres :D

hardrock1.jpg

hardrock2.jpg

hardrock4.jpg

hardrock3.jpg

Phone pics not that good so i'll get some decent pics with a real camera when i find it - but well worth £30 :LOL:

but well worth £30
It's incredible really that people go to the likes of Halfords to but a cheapo bike[knowing its a cheapo] and putting up with poor quality when you have the likes of the above for a fraction of the cost
Mental really :shock:

i think it's a symptom of our throwaway society - buy some new and shiny crap every couple of years rather than getting some 2nd hand quality :)

buzz you could be the " mac retro king of the skip monkeys "

i'm loathe to be complimentary about your rockhard ,but it looks unused and
well worth 30 quid

Back