project franken-lite RAW bike

24 hours later, there's still pressure in the shock :cool:
After building it into the frame and compressing it a few times, it all seems to be okay...
Next stage is to build up the bike and go ride it. I'm not sure whether to risk taking the jubilee clips off - anyone well-versed in the strengths and weaknesses of epoxy resin??

I'd leave them on for now
Believe it or not but glue really needs a week to settle fully ;)

I like the clips being on it,gives it the look :cool:

I didn't manage to get this done for the Wobble but managed to get out to the shed a couple of time during the week to get this finished off.

First weight-saving exercise? Strip the paint, of course! This is also in keeping with the 'aesthetic' of the project. Next, strip down and service the fork which was feeling pretty rough. The internals in one leg were in pretty bad shape and they're leaking oil like billy-o around the seals, so might be looking out for a pair of cheap SIDS. Will just have to keep it upright in the car for now!

I've gone for cantis up front, using a rocker-type hanger job. Rear is still V's as there's no cable stop. Can't see a way round this.
Gears are a 1x8 setup with a chain guide. An XT thumbie is pulling the cable.

Other than that, I've just put what ropey-but-light bits I've had lying around for ages on, and the first test ride has been promising.
The best bit is that the shock is holding air and functioning well, as far as I can tell. Will have to wait and see how much abuse it will stand up to!

Some pics:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

bontyfiend":3s5v0cdh said:
The best bit is that the shock is holding air and functioning well, as far as I can tell. Will have to wait and see how much abuse it will stand up to!

main.php

Properly impressive that! And a fine tipple to boot.

Back