Dave Lloyd, Reynolds 753 fillet "chaos theory"...

Wow I saw this on Ebay a while back and i am so glad it has gone to a good home (i was tempted to have a bid but the wife would kill me).
I remember Dave did it in orange and black as well back in the day.
What is the frame number of your bike it looks older than mine, the seat stay bridge appears to be different?
Welcome to an exclusive club. ;)

I can't wait to see what you do with it.

wow.............

wow, what can i say that is a truly amazing job, and a real inspiration, please feel free to show a pic on this thread, i hope you do, that is awesum....i am very very impressed indeed...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a big oldskool porsche fan, i clocked the colours straight away....brilliant... just brilliant.

did i see sumwhere in the thread you have owned it since new...? who did your paint work and decals, it all looks spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must confess im having sum time delays on mine, which i was gutted about, when i spoke to boys on monday, they were very reluctant to give me a time frame for me to actually take delivery of the frame, so i am in limbo at the moment, i have now got all the parts, required to build, sat waiting . i know the best things comes to those who wait, but im still gutted. :cry:

Thanks for you comments it’s been around on the site for a while now.
Yes I had the bike from new, I would sell the kids before that bike. ;)
I spent months getting the bits together to rebuild it, I had always looked after it so it was never in the state that yours was in (I get really annoyed when people treat bikes like that hmmm). I had my old man paint it as he has a compressor and has paint car’s and motorbikes in the past.
I got the decals of Ebay, I just thought I would give them a go and they are very similar to the original and good quality, see the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-DAVE-LLOYD- ... 3a5d58db4c

Click on the link in my signature for more info on my bike. Thanks for the scans I enjoyed reading them, Dave is now doing Cycle Coaching. I did try and contact him through his web site but unfortunately never got a reply.

Anyway I am looking forward to see what you are doing with it.

DSCF0426.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Really nice thinking on this thread - I love the pragmatic choice of components - stuff that fundamentally looks right, and then polished for the right feel.

How about some TA chainrings though? They are polished better than any other and last longest too.

the Lloyds...............

ocset said:
Thanks for you comments it’s been around on the site for a while now.
Yes I had the bike from new, I would sell the kids before that bike. ;)
I spent months getting the bits together to rebuild it, I had always looked after it so it was never in the state that yours was in (I get really annoyed when people treat bikes like that hmmm). I had my old man paint it as he has a compressor and has paint car’s and motorbikes in the past.
I got the decals of Ebay, I just thought I would give them a go and they are very similar to the original and good quality, see the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-DAVE-LLOYD- ... 3a5d58db4c

Thank you very much for posting the pic, i think its beautiful....and i think your very modest and i think your dads a true craftsman too.

If my frame, is finished as nicely i will be over the moon, i do normally do finish my frames my self, but as i have said previously on this thread, there were certain issues that needed a builders skills, and was beyond my capabilities, it was very hard not to let argos repaint mine, when i was stood next to a wall full of stunning and newly painted frames.

the paint work is now all im waiting for, and i am desperately now trying to remain patient, but it isnt easy, they did say it would be ready for the 13TH and now they cant give me a deadline......gutted. I just hope what i have asked them to do, they are not having difficulty doing, i have thought about cutting my losses and getting it and refinishing it myself after all, but im holding off, as there obviously is a delay, and they are a top bunch of fellas, that do, an exceptional job, but i dont want it running into christmas.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like you was, one of those boys that peared into the bikeshop windows, ...lol.., it wasnt untill i started doing well at competition level, and went to big race events, that i came into contact with custom frame builders, i have had a passion for quality steel, ever since.

I can certainly appreciate your attachment to it, i would certainly sell my kids too........ ;) there is no better satisfaction than building what you consider a legend....!!!!!

links below to some other favorite rides ive refinished:-

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hamster":3b68pwi8 said:
Really nice thinking on this thread - I love the pragmatic choice of components - stuff that fundamentally looks right, and then polished for the right feel.

How about some TA chainrings though? They are polished better than any other and last longest too.

thank you, as for the components, ive tried to source components that were availiable to the builder at the time he made the frame, i would love to have fitted campag...(but for the time in sourcing and increasing costs), suntour is what i started with bitd, and i have it still on my original race bike from back then. But even though he did have shimano supply issues, a small amount of complete bikes, did leave the frame shop with it hanging from his work.

I think i have been very lucky in sourcing sum of the other components that were availiable to him, and nearly all of it needed serious polishing!!! I just want to get it finished now so i can at least get a taste of how it compares.!!!!!!!!

Back