Bargain Ebay bike lights

Just ordered 2 of the gold lights myself, at that price it would be rude not to.
Even if they see me through this winter they will have been worthwhile.

How many AAA does each light take? I seem to think it's 3??? (2 for the rear)
I'll need to buy some rechargable batteries for 2 x front lights and 1 rear LED.

lots of nice scenic pictures marred by plastic bags of poo dangling out of tree branches in bushes and hanging off wire fences.

I've wondered about this - who the heck do they think is going to come and collect them - the poo fairies?

Maybe they're the same people who think printer fairies replace the toner and order paper for the printers at work.

Back on topic...running the Maplin 1000mha in both of mine - seem to get over two hours of use - one on the bike and one on the helmet absolutely fine for road riding. Use a magicshine for off-road. Clip of one of the free back lights snapped on mine with very little provocation.

Couple of outings for mine, all good. Not brilliant in the flood department for unlit roads but still can't complain :D Not sure if I've mentioned it either but the clamps are pretty good for CX bars with CX levers, can be cramped but they are quite svelte and unobtrusive.

kaiser.. not tried mine without too much light pollution to see any benefit but, in the confines of a dark room, the flood is better with the reflector removed...

Might be worth an experiment. . .

IDB1":35d1bcry said:
kaiser.. not tried mine without too much light pollution to see any benefit but, in the confines of a dark room, the flood is better with the reflector removed...

Might be worth an experiment. . .

will give it a go :cool:

I got a couple of these to use as a helmet/beam light but to be honest it was a bit weedy and didn't show up against even the peripheral throw of my main bar light.

So...I upgraded the LED for a 240 lumen Cree XR-E from here:

http://www.ledrise.com/p495/cree-r2-white/

Delivered via TNT 2 days after ordering - parcel said it originated from Bucharest!

Needed to clip a tiny bit off the corners as the star is a slightly different shape to the old one, then 5 mins to de-solder old and solder in with the new. Just unscrew the lens housing and it's two wires on the front surface and the star is not bonded in or anything - couldn't be easier :cool:

I don't know if it gets the full 240 lumens now but it's significantly brighter than it was before. Should be pretty good as a helmet beam light once I figure out the best way to mount it.

I also tried one with a seoul p4 LED but it wouldn't fit into the lens without widening the base of the reflector cone. Either this, or the 120 degree viewing angle of the LED has totally ruins the focus of the beam and results in a ring with a dark spot in the middle and is far less bright than the Cree.

No idea how long the batteries will last, but I have an extra battery holder from the P4 experiment to take loaded up as a fast swap spare.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back