Raleigh 'Services des Courses' 753R Team Panasonic *UPDATED*

Lovely bike. It just looks'right'. This era into the early 90s are my favourite time. I have a jersey of the same Panasonic strip somewhere.

Thanks for your comments guys :D

It's hard to see in the photos but 'Services des Courses' is written in script on the top tube. I will add more pictures at the weekend.

In the 1987 Raleigh frameset catalogue it says:

"Illustrated is the 'Services de Course' road frame, the definitive frame for international competition gaining honours at all levels - professional and amateur, throughout the world"

I translate it as 'service of the race'.

John":1k5lbian said:
That is properly nice. Mioght I trouble you for the serial number? Have a similar but smashed SBDU frame in the loft, having seen that I'm quite tempted to get it fixed up...

Will PM it to you.

ededwards":1k5lbian said:
Class.

Beautifully proportioned too.

Did you date it from the frame number?

The frame number starts SB88 so I assumed it was 1988, though I'm not entirely sure about the numbering system for SBDU frames.

NickD":271n0ve8 said:
As far as I understand it the numbers are sequential, so dating SBDU frames can be vague at best.

Ok, thanks.

I've done a bit of investigation and all the components on it are from around '87 to '88 (the saddle was dated November '87) so I can confidentally put it around then.

Are there any records available for SBDU frames? I'd like to find out more about the frame if possible.

hey john / guv'nor / le grand fromage ,
did you ever do anything with that 753r team frame I sold you ? looking at the bike above i almost regret selling her now.

Lovely machine....

I have a "Services des Courses" Raleigh also. Mine is built up with Super Record. It differs from yours slightly in that "Services des Courses" is on the down tube, just infront of the shifters. Mine also had the "GoD" sticker & a world champs transfer. No pump peg on mine or 2nd bottle mount. These framesets were individually built to whatever the buyer wanted so it's unlikely to find two the same.

Mine is apparently an '85 & is SB8241, so yours could be an earlier build than '88?

Andy.

Back