Favourite Racers. Where are they now?

As for Rominger being 'one of the good guys' doping was so endemic in cycling that I assume that there were no 'good guys' and that at least it was a level playing field.

Now it is not so, the clean rider need our support and the dirty riders need life bans.

The sins of past champions should not overshadow the acheivment though. Pump me full of drugs and I'd still be unable to ride the Tour.

Off the hook

Curious - weren't Jason and his Father BT people too - before they upped sticks and went to the USA in search of the dream?

Maybe I should sign up with a phone company as part of my training regime... :cool:

Mr K

uno-speedo":3ae38ey6 said:
Sian Roberts

With her husband Daffyd (sp?) they started the Cafe and developed the Red Bull route at Coed Y Brenin. And she rode for Parkpre!

Iwasgoodonce":259eityc said:
Wow, someone else noticing the Lemond/Frog interface! I thought I was the only one.

A couple of more for you:

1. Paul Hinton. Kiwi chap who was in the same race as me a couple of times. I won't say I raced with him as that would be some distance wide of the truth!

?

I think he still works for saracen.

My mum saw Dave Baker's backside once! Made her day it did. She was more than happy to drive me to races for a while after that! Not too sure of the details though. I've got Tim Gould's water bottle somewhere. OMG I always wondered how I got to have that!

REKIBorter":jnc4mf7v said:
With her husband Daffyd (sp?) they started the Cafe and developed the Red Bull route at Coed Y Brenin. And she rode for Parkpre!

Nice! I remember meeting her in Betws y coed when she had a small bike rental shop. I always wanted a Marin ti frame.

Back