1998 Rockhopper - two bikes in one (dirt drop content)

coomber":2odz9udi said:
Sorry to hijack but the on one website has those bars in their clearance section (or did a few weeks back).

yeah, the sale is great - got my forks and both sets of bars there :D

Is it comfortable with the Marys on as I am thinking of a set for my Djerba to make it more touristy :D Already got some slicks on the way :D

I have some chromo Marys on my Swift and find them really comfortable, the rise and backsweep give a nice relaxed feel when pottering along but they are still pretty responsive in the twisty stuff.

I bought 2 pairs in the On One sale but might let a pair go if anyones interested.

I like the idea of the dirt drops to and might be tempted with a set of Midges on a future build.

kermitgreenkona88":a7ri6emt said:
Is it comfortable with the Marys on as I am thinking of a set for my Djerba to make it more touristy :D Already got some slicks on the way :D

I found that they suit my rigid bike more than my quite compact and racy XC hardtail Kili personally, they work for me on the Rockhopper best as it's a long, tall frame... feels ideal as a tourer in the lowest photo (like you I have some slicks ready for that purpose)

Dead Rats":1pmw3npu said:
kermitgreenkona88":1pmw3npu said:

I found that they suit my rigid bike more than my quite compact and racy XC hardtail Kili personally, they work for me on the Rockhopper best as it's a long, tall frame... feels ideal as a tourer in the lowest photo (like you I have some slicks ready for that purpose)

Probably the same reason they suit the 29er Swift

Dead Rats":3s1nn7xf said:
kermitgreenkona88":3s1nn7xf said:

Probably the same reason they suit the 29er Swift

Back