Pace RC100 timeline

toons":1e9a748u said:
I'm now using ends caps with a rod through the middle, works a treat, no play in the cranks and the left crank stopped falling off!!

I noticed Drew’s had a little play in the cranks.

I had #0169 back in the early 90's

My Bullseye cranks also worked loose on (practically weekly) occasions :twisted:

They were a good idea, but flawed by the lack of lateral 'locking'

There's a few old pics of mine on the 'Retro-Pace' site

S'funny I've been thinking about mine twice in the past fortnight

1. When I saw Darren (presume that's the same person who used the name 'Bibby') at the Cyclo-Cross at Temple Newsam (Leeds) on Sunday 3rd October

Also saw (the other) Richard Thackrays (ex Pace sponsored rider) parents there & had a chat with them, but Richard wasn't there.

I drove past the old site of their workshops last Sunday (24th) when I passed Leeming Reservoir (twixt Denholme & Oxenhope) on my way to compete in the 'Withins SkyLine' fell-race.

I remember dropping mine off (to Adrian himself) there for the bottom-bracket machining out & new bearings fitting

Hi Richard,

If you happen to bump into the Thackray's again, it would be awesome if they'd have any old photos of their boys racing back in the day they'd like to share with this site...would love to see em :)

Is Richard aware of this site?

Cheers mate, here's to a cracking Cross Season!

Rich

Rich":2y3pzh59 said:
Hi Richard,

If you happen to bump into the Thackray's again

Rich, thanks for the comments.

There's a fair chance that I'll see some of them (if not all??) next Saturday at the 'Harriers verses Cyclists' Fell-Race in Bingley

http://www.bingleyharriers.co.uk/html/h ... ts/hvc.htm

The winners have included Rob Jebb & Alistair Brownlee (both members of Bingley Harriers!)

Edit @ 21:12

I'll be running it, not riding (rode in '07 & '08, but ran it last year)

Good luck Richard,

You're a sick puppy...running when you could be riding...do you think you'll ever purchase a Pace again? You could get rid of your cross bike for a start and get a poper bike ;)

Rich

Rich":fkzeldjw said:
do you think you'll ever purchase a Pace again? You could get rid of your cross bike for a start and get a poper bike

I'd like one, but can't justify one at the moment (not with fancying a new carbon road-bike, perhaps another Ridley?)

That said, I'd also like a Ducati 916/998, & an Aston-Martin V8 (to supercede the XKR)

Rich":fkzeldjw said:
Good luck Richard,
You're a sick puppy...running when you could be riding

Thanks for that, 'H v C' is always fun
I know, & I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed it whilst I was doing it!
It must be the masochist in me emerging :LOL:

The 'Withins' attracted a field of 350 fellow idiots!

Here I am at the start, on the 'right shoulder' of a guy in a red vest/blue long-sleeves;
DSC_0261.jpg

And 3/4 mile from the finish;
DSC_0664.jpg

I look fairly clean, but the stream-crossings had washed most of the peat off by then :LOL:

I also ran a 10K on Sunday (14th) the 'Barnsley 10K', if there's anyone on here from the area, & finished that in 42:53 (152nd/695)

Prior to that, I ran a 'Cross-Country' for the Club on Sunday (7th); of 5.8 miles.

It's funny, I progressed from Cross Country running into MTB racing...not sure I could go back....I think it's harder to run than cycle...that said the relatively recent Karapoti event I did back in March this year almost killed me...I might as well of run the 50 kms all the bike problems I encountered :)

Interested to see how you do this time mate

Rich

Rich":1wt1mc4v said:
Interested to see how you do this time mate

Well................................

Sadly, there was no sign of Alistair Brownlee, but Rob Jebb showed up and rode - setting a new course record too, apparantly!

I was hoping for a '45 minute' race, all being well (48:12 on foot last year), but ended up at about 47:15 (I think, but didn't stop my watch on crossing line, so it's a guess)

It was a tough one (when isn't this one?), as that first hill doesn't get any shallower.

I'm sure (& others that I spoke to afterwards thought so too) that the start/finish fields were wetter/boggier than last year - to the point of sucking runners shoes off!

My 'nemesis' from last year (Paul Milsom; 'Calder Clarion') was lagging behind, & I was worrying that he'd come storming past on the section at the top of the Glen, but no, on the last 2 fields I saw him coming along the concrete (sleeper!!) farm-track a good 300 yards back
I finished a good minute, or more, in front of him :LOL:

What did surprise me was, leaving Richard Thackray (the Bradford Olympic/ex-Pace Research team rider/ex GB Cyclo-Cross squad) behind me for a longtime, he's usually well off in front of me.
If you look at the attached map, I caught him at the rocky-track that turns sharp right to go towards 'Glen Road' & left him on the climb to the summit at Baildon Hill (he was on his cross-bike)
He only re-passed me on the descent back to 'Glen Road', from the caravan park.

That said, Jebby passed me on his way back as I got to the farm where the course diverges to circumnavigate Hope Hill!!!! (clockwise around the hill)

But... I also passed the last competitors (both runners & riders) on the descent, a couple hundred yards before, 'Glen Road', on my return!!!!!!

Quite a few were taking photos, whether it was because they expected the 'Brownlee - Jebb' head-to-head is anyones guess, but as soon as I find any, I'll add them

One of the 'FRA' mob has already posted a link to his contribution

http://picasaweb.google.com/emenetwebde ... s2010?feat =directlink#

See images;
35 = Rob Thackray
59 = Erm......
61 = Richard Thackray
206 = Phil, who is Rob & Richs' dad

Attachments

• Racing. 2010. Fell-Running. 'Harriers verses Cyclists'. Route Map.jpg
    Racing. 2010. Fell-Running. 'Harriers verses Cyclists'. Route Map.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 5,229
Great time Rich!!!

Bet the boy Thackray was a little surprised to see you shoot past...nice to see a pic of their Dad too....he's looking good for his age :)

Rich

Rich":1j6rgiw5 said:
Great time Rich!!!

Bet the boy Thackray was a little surprised to see you shoot past...nice to see a pic of their Dad too....he's looking good for his age :)

Rich
Think he was :LOL:

Yes, they all look good, with all the outdoor life (Nora, mum, does too!!)

The results have been uploaded by Stephen/'Womble' (the organiser) but are still only on the Bingley Harriers forum at the minute, not on the proper 'H v C' page

http://www.bingleyharriers.org.uk/forum ... 3574#p3574

Me;
Time = 47:08
Overall = 63rd/146
Runners = 41st 106

There's aslo some video clips on that thread too

OK I think my rc 100 is an 89, judging by the front mech, has and date code of 89 on it and is a odd band on thing. Has 2 bolts for the chain guard frame number rc 0120

Latest posts

Back