NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

P20":3aly4h02 said:
Dr S, any news/pics of the Spitfire build? Wor lass is thinking about one ;)

No progress matey. My left wrist is heavily strapped up and my right fingers are in a splint. This and still managing to do 80-90 hours at work is conspiring against me building it up. It does look nice though. Imight have a stab at building it up over the next few days ( get the kids to help).

It's a small size too so tell ' Wor Lass' she can come and steal it for a few hours to try it out. It might be some time before I get it muddy.

toons":n1f5t7lr said:
Si, any luck shifting the spitfire?

Not a sniff.

I've built the Cotic back up and hung the Spit from the wall. if i can't sell it I will have to engineer it's problems away.

The main problems are low front, low bottom bracket and a steep seat angle. Solution will be to fit a longer fork- maybe as long as 170mm. This will cock the head angle up though so i will need a adjustable angle headset like the Cane Creek one. That should bring it back between 66 and 67 deg whilst dropping seat angle to 72 which is perfect. It will also raise the BB by 12mm, not much but an improvement.

Other changes will be wider bars, shorter 165mm Cranks and a 10 speed 12/36 cassette to winch it up the hills.

Today I should have stayed in bed, every thing I did went wrong, all morning just to sort a little job out. So after lunch I thought I would take the dog out for a run, Sun shining, lovely autumn colors

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

Some new local trails Ive not ridden

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

On the way back after such a lovely bimble I managed to stick the rear mech in the wheel, So I put the bike back in the shed and here I sit in my padded cell waiting for tomorrow :LOL: :LOL:

Whys one of yours become one of oors ?

I refer to the bestowing of the Tartan Riders banner to Simonside Resident. Has he defected to the North of the Tartan Curtain :?

velomaniac":289h59aa said:
Whys one of yours become one of oors ?

I refer to the bestowing of the Tartan Riders banner to Simonside Resident. Has he defected to the North of the Tartan Curtain :?

Don't worry he's always had a funny accent ;)

Don't worry he's always had a funny accent

Whatyu sayin`lyk?

Having done the majority of my riding in Scotia (other than the finest riding of all in Northumberland and South of France)....
A fine set of blokes...

They`re rarer too ;)

Sodding turncoat. They would hang traitors up on Fairmoor for less*

*It was written in the charters of Morpeth in the 15th century that no master should take on a Scot as an apprentice. I tanner was sentenced to six months hard labour in the county gaol for doing so. I guess they were still sore at King David of Scotland for burning down the castle, town and the abbey in the previous century.

Back