1996 GT Psyclone in Team Scream

SeeingisBelievingGTMuseum

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Picked up this frame last January when it was listed on craigslist in So. California. Frame had been previously built and has a few nicks but no chainsuck scars. In June a search on eBay turned up a NOS Team Scream fork that by decal was originally from a 93 Bravado LE. I had most of the parts except the cable hanger sitting on the shelf. I built up the wheels with a pair of NOS Mavic M230's with a pair of NOS M900 XTR hubs I found at a bike shop a year or so back. Tires are NOS Smoke and Dart. Crank is NOS GT with XTR rings. Enjoy.

Frame: 1996 GT Psyclone 18" Fillet Brazed
Fork: NOS GT Bologna Lite Triple Butted threadless
Headset: Chris King Nothreadset Blue ano
Stem: GT Alloy with internal clamp
Handlebar: NOS GT Alloy
Cable Hanger: GT Alloy
Brakes: Shimano XT cantilever
Grips: NOS GT/A'me Anatomical
Seat Post: Syncros 27.0 x 350mm
Seat Clamp: NOS GT machine with Ti bolt
Saddle: SDG GT
Crank: NOS GT CNC w/XTR 46/36/24T rings
Pedals: Shimano Clipless M747
BB: GT Titanium
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR FD-M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR RD-M900
Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano XTR ST-M900
Hubs: Shimano XTR HB/FH-M900 32H
Rims: NOS Mavic M230 SBP silver 32H
Tires: NOS Panaracer Smoke Lite and Dart
Spokes: Ritchey/DT DB

Attachments

• PICT8170.JPG
    PICT8170.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 4,450
  • PICT8168.JPG
    PICT8168.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 4,450
  • PICT8167.JPG
    PICT8167.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 4,451
  • PICT8166.JPG
    PICT8166.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 4,452
Only thing nicer then what you've got there would be if it were a bit bigger and hence in my size!

I have a question - do you know who made the cranks for GT?

Nice one you made here. Usually I cant comment on your GT's but in this case I think the seat and seatpost don't match the bike.

If changed to a setapost with (smaller or no-logo) and clean seat it would be very nice!

Martin":1xzfnmbi said:
Nice one you made here. Usually I cant comment on your GT's but in this case I think the seat and seatpost don't match the bike.

If changed to a seat post with (smaller or no-logo) and clean seat it would be very nice!

Twas thinking the same thing. As busy looking as the Team Scream paint scheme is the simpler the rest is the cleaner and neater the look. Knew this comment was coming. Thanks

BG":2wkerew3 said:
Only thing nicer then what you've got there would be if it were a bit bigger and hence in my size!

I have a question - do you know who made the cranks for GT?

Have a 19" 98 model year Psyclone in Blue on the stand right now :D

Profile made the cranks

Very pleasantly surprised by this... :cool: :cool:

Most of the TS colorways I've seen before are predominantly blue with yellow, so really nice to see it the other way round....

Lovely build.. :cool:

I'd say they're all about 50/50. The higher end Psyclones and Bravados were done with blue back ends and yellow fronts. The lower end Timberlines and Teguesta's were done the opposite

Attachments

• PICT1124.JPG
    PICT1124.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,272
Back