Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X-catalogue scans too...

Ok cool!

I'm not worried, just considering asking for some to be put in before paint, so I can Waxoyl the rear triangle, or leave them sealed off as they come now. I'm not asking for advice, just was wondering if the rear vent holes were sealed back in the day, as you've just rebuilt one, but no worries if you can't answer that.

Cheers

:)

Woodsman said:
Ok cool!

I'm not worried, just considering asking for some to be put in before paint, so I can Waxoyl the rear triangle, or leave them sealed off as they come now. I'm not asking for advice, just was wondering if the rear vent holes were sealed back in the day, as you've just rebuilt one, but no worries if you can't answer that.

sorry woodsman, i thought it was a concern of yours as you were buying a new frame, not worrying about mine, sorry my bad....!!!!, as for my frame no it dosnt have rear drain/vent holes and neither does my lloyd, from memory, ill have to look at my konas in the morning its getting late now, !!!!!!! but back to my original point after 12 years, the frame is great shape, no signs of rust what so ever, (unlike my lloyd when i got it...lol.... :shock: ) so i would certainly not concern yourself with it too much, you sound like the sort of fella, that looks after his kit and certainly takes pride in it, so good luck with it, and i shall look forward to seeing it? :cool:

again sorry for missing your point...!!!

lloyd

mav, news there is no news, not yet anyway, im still waiting , and its killing me too, the dogs is sat in the study, yet to be ridden, (and thats not easy), just wanna wait till the lloyds finished, i have bought a 90s redlabel flyte for the dogs though, a knackered turbo saddle just didnt look right, i think the flyte finishes it, to be honest....!!!

to while away the time ive been trying to get the orange finished, nearly there too, so ill keep you posted...>!!!!!!!!!!!!

confusion

there was a little confusion on the sale thread yesterday, ref the frame specification and tubes used by Chas Roberts, for the D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X.

I thought it might be of use to upload and scan, the actual catalogue showning the frame specs, and comments from the builders 1993 version of this model.

The tubing does differ to the current modern version which "now" uses reynolds 853, and columbus foco and dedacciai mix.

Attachments

• roberts back cover.jpg
    roberts back cover.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,189
  • 1993 frame specs..info.jpg
    1993 frame specs..info.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,188
  • inside front cover.jpg
    inside front cover.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,189
  • roberts front cover 1993.jpg
    roberts front cover 1993.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,187
updated pic

updated...

"Quote"
MAX (1987) was the first tube-set to break the tradition of conventional diameters. Max introduced the concept of orientated ellipses and differentiated sections, applied to each of the 11 tubes, to give the frame greater rigidity.

In 1985, the Columbus adventure also began in the mountain bike sector with the OR tubing for Cinelli and the custom series for Tom Ritchey (the first fork blades with a variable thickness).

Attachments

• 1993 vintage....jpg
    1993 vintage....jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,170
That is just perfect. One wonders what it would take for a man to part with such a thing..................

ratcapa":1s0z7w63 said:
That is just perfect. One wonders what it would take for a man to part with such a thing..................

thank you, ......, im not sure i would sell it to be honest, but i know jez4bikes is selling his frame and forks if he hasnt sold it already...????

Very nice. Also thanks for the scans.

Is that the extent of the brochure? no road bikes, white spider or genesis?

Back