take kids MTB - special child seat

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I went to the Earls Court cycle show yesterday and amongst all the exotica I saw this thing, a child seat designed to MTBing LOCT - I probably wouldn't do some of the stuff Charles (the designer/owner) does (there were videos of him doing small jumps :shock: ), but I think it'd be great alternative to taking kids on some fireroads/singletrack rather than using an unmanoeuvrable trailerbike. It's well made and puts the child in a safe position without mucking up your balance (as they're near the bikes centre of gravity).

anyway I think the products great and Charles is a nice chap passionate about MTB and getting his kids involved too, something I think we all here are :D - I hope it's successful and though you lot might be interested

Me and my little girl use a weeride kangaroo seat similar type of thing to the above but a bit more luxurious, we have been off road with it loads of times and she loves it, Plenty of room for me to ride/pedal tons of room for her with a 4 point strap to hold her in enclosed foot rests and an arm rest to keep her away from the controls. and only £60 to boot.

Sp002.jpg

Photo-0023.jpg

If you are thinking of a child seat take a look at one of these.

Guy, he's a local from my lbs. Very passionate about the invention. Nice chap.

Kid seems to be enjoying it in the promo vid - was mpressed he was jumping with child attached.

:shock:

NIce but £170 is a bit expensive .

Exbiker , where did you get yours

I am using this at the moment for the older one , but I need a front seat for the younger one . he hates sitting at the back of my wife bike .

main.php

Back